Best Value in Stretched Bags and Ready for Paint Options

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

RLJ676

Alright, some of us are trying to build on a thin budget, and aren't making show bikes so little compromises have to be made. I think I don't need the best bags, but then of course I don't need to double the amount I pay my painter in prep either. So, does anyone have any recommendations for lower cost bags which are good to go?

How are Diego Fairings on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRETCHED-B...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6e8dedde&vxp=mtr), or Fairing Factory?

I know there have been some pricier ones too that aren't necessarily paint ready as shipped, so what are people's experiences with whatever they have that were either good or bad.

sutsut70

Site Supporter
I have Bad Dad bags and fender. They took very little prep before paint. They cost more but, from my experience, you get what you pay for.

N

Nautical Customs

You do get what u pay for. On EBAY BAGS. Also stay away from everything fairing factory its crap! But it's your money and your call bro. Good luck

RLJ676

I have Bad Dad bags and fender. They took very little prep before paint. They cost more but, from my experience, you get what you pay for.

Thanks, I've heard the same about Top Shop and I think Sinister. None are super cheap but not the most expensive either.

RLJ676

And voodoo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You do get what u pay for. On EBAY BAGS. Also stay away from everything fairing factory its crap! But it's your money and your call bro. Good luck

Sometimes you get more than you paid for (relative to the other options).....and it's way too easy to get less! I don't think Voodoo are cheap for instance.

What do you guys have the best luck w/ at your shop?

thekid

i have the top shop ones and the painter didnt bitch bout them and i didnt pay much so i think there pretty good i am happy with them i was going to do the ebay ones but got talked out of them after an retired body man on another site told me he put something like 4 hours to get them to how he wanted them so good luck

Bagged64

What about some extensions. I did mine myself and I think they came out great. They are Bad Dad and bought them from Cisco at Nautical.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
IMAG0461.jpgHave use Top Shop and Sinister. Both very nice quality and my painter love them. A buddy tried a cheaper set and ended up with more money in labor when it was all said and done.

RLJ676

What about some extensions. I did mine myself and I think they came out great. They are Bad Dad and bought them from Cisco at Nautical.

I'd like the extra space in the bags, and I am sure doing them myself the line would end up visible. If I paid my painter to do it I'd figure it'd cost as much as bags.

Yours came out nice though, nice work.

Bagged64

Thanks. You're probably right would have probably cost about the same all in all. I was doing it on the cheap and wanted them right away and couldn't wait to sell mine for the extra money. I'm sure it did save me a bunch of cash doing it myself along with the bodywork.

RLJ676

Anyone familiar with Bagger Werx? Found a good deal on them, and have only found good reviews of them so far. Found them for $500 w/ liners at one place, they're $750 everywhere else I google so I'm thinking that they're a legit deal at $500.

N

Nautical Customs

Sometimes you get more than you paid for (relative to the other options).....and it's way too easy to get less! I don't think Voodoo are cheap for instance.

What do you guys have the best luck w/ at your shop?

I love the Arlen ness ones but the not cheap at all. we have also used the sinister ones a lot. We had one customer bring in a set of ebay, craiglist bags and he end up reselling them cuz nothing would line up. but some time there are good deals out there.

Big Evil

Site Supporter
I bought the Fairing factory bags.
Have had no issues with them.
Body work was very minimal, a little sanding nothing major. took about an hour for both bags.
Everything lined up perfect.
I am running them with a Bad Dad - Summit rear fender
The fender is Nice, took very little to prep for paint.
I have been running this setup for 4500 miles, with no issues.
For what I paid for these bags compared to others is a no brain er for me.
I can put the money I saved toward more mods.
once they are painted, they all look the same some just have slight body line changes

RLJ676

I love the Arlen ness ones but the not cheap at all. we have also used the sinister ones a lot. We had one customer bring in a set of ebay, craiglist bags and he end up reselling them cuz nothing would line up. but some time there are good deals out there.

I've read nothing but good about Ness, but definitely don't have that in the budget. I think the story on the random ebay ones seems to be all too common to risk it.

I bought the Fairing factory bags.
Have had no issues with them.
Body work was very minimal, a little sanding nothing major. took about an hour for both bags.
Everything lined up perfect.
I am running them with a Bad Dad - Summit rear fender
The fender is Nice, took very little to prep for paint.
I have been running this setup for 4500 miles, with no issues.
For what I paid for these bags compared to others is a no brain er for me.
I can put the money I saved toward more mods.
once they are painted, they all look the same some just have slight body line changes

Seems Fairing Factory is hit or miss, if you get lucky they're a great deal but there are the nightmare stories out there too. Tough to decide for those of us trying to be cheap haha.

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
It all depends on how much of the bodywork you are capable of doing yourself. I have been the cheap bag route and regretted it. They were a bitch to get to fit right, a bitch to get the lids to close right, all the hardware mounting screws had to be replaced because the fiberglass was so thick it made the screws too short, the rubber bumpers on the bottom would not fit, not even close! Oh and the backside was so thick the rubber gromments for your pins wouldnt fit. Now if your pretty good with body filler and fiberglass then all those problems can be overcome. Mine turned out pretty nice but for the amount of stress and work they weren't worth the savings. I went with Native customs bags this time around and have NO regrets. Very little prep, carpet lined, and false bottom. I'm not a painter but I had no trouble makin these look great. Don't cheap out....You'll regret it!

thecort

Just like most here are advising. Get the best quality you can afford because you'll end up spending the money you tried to save, prepping the bags for paint. I went with Ness & they didn't need a ton of prep to get them ready for paint.

Tap it!

Latest posts