Best tow truck ever

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

RLJ676

Haha, best part is it was 1/2 mile from home!

Brian thanks again for the help, water, etc. Hope the tow was some good entertainment for you guys. Being the GM homer I am it was pretty sad getting towed by a Hyundai:banghead:

I'm next up on the pay it forward list so whoevers in the Det area and needs something........ or Brian if you need anything, like to borrow a truck you name it.

RLJ676

So I messed w/ the bike to see what the deal was today. After thinking about it at work, I figured it was unlikely it was actually the cable as it was acting like the clutch was depressed, as the bike ran and did not go while in gear. Releasing the lever did nothing.

I popped the derby cover and there was no problem on that side. Tried to get the headers off to get to the clutch cover, that is an impossible job. I don't know what combination of thin sockets, extensions and thin wrenches it takes but I don't have it! That is some of the shittiest packaging ever, only got one nut all the way off haha.

So I figured why not grab a flashlight and look through the transmission dipstick hole and see what's up. I could see the cable was connected still, and wiggling the lever still moved it. So it started to seem the clutch was just "stuck open". I put in a screwdriver and "pop" got it back. Works fine now. I checked the oil in there and it is WAY over full from the clowns at the shop doing my bars. I knew I saw them filling it and topping it off sitting on the stand rather than flat, and my bike leans hard w/ the 21 and stock stand. It had a ton too much. So I drained it to normal and it seems it will work fine, but I'm also concerned the clutch pulls it a bit too far if it can stick open.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Sounds like you need to do a complete clutch adjustment per the service manual.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

RLJ676

Sounds like you need to do a complete clutch adjustment per the service manual.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm thinking. However, as I had the clutch cable installed by a "qualified shop" I'd expect they did that.....or will be soon. Judging by the amount of oil in there the guy doing it certainly didn't know what he was doing.

Latest posts