Beginning build

Canarcher

Hello from Ontario, Canada. Just north of Barrie. I finally received my custom hard bags from Atlanta, Georgia. Only took 13 months and I had to pick them up instead if delivery that I paid for. Own a 2010 LE 9 that's black with the orange stripe. About a year and half ago I added a wide pan customs front fairing for a trip to New Orleans. Nice addition with stereo. This got me thinking I'd like a bagger, but don't want to step away from my second 109. So I have the bags I want just awaiting to have them dry fitted then have all parts sent in for paint. Undecided yet what color to change to. Also thinking I'd like to try some 12" apes to compliment the bagger style and add a rake to the front. Someone just recently suggested air ride a well because of the profile and size of the new bags. Looking for any tips or suggestions to help with this build. What has worked or didn't work on your projects. Pics would be appreciated with any help. Thanks. Rubber side down.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the site!

Hello from Portland, Maine!

I wish I could enjoy ape hangers as they look great, I was just born with short arms. Looking forward to chatting on the forum, and getting you started on your project.

HarleyCruiser

Site Supporter
Hello from Ontario, Canada. Just north of Barrie. I finally received my custom hard bags from Atlanta, Georgia. Only took 13 months and I had to pick them up instead if delivery that I paid for. Own a 2010 LE 9 that's black with the orange stripe. About a year and half ago I added a wide pan customs front fairing for a trip to New Orleans. Nice addition with stereo. This got me thinking I'd like a bagger, but don't want to step away from my second 109. So I have the bags I want just awaiting to have them dry fitted then have all parts sent in for paint. Undecided yet what color to change to. Also thinking I'd like to try some 12" apes to compliment the bagger style and add a rake to the front. Someone just recently suggested air ride a well because of the profile and size of the new bags. Looking for any tips or suggestions to help with this build. What has worked or didn't work on your projects. Pics would be appreciated with any help. Thanks. Rubber side down.
Having bags and a windshield/faring is just so practical on a bike that you are going to ride. I'm running mini apes, and like them, I ran the high apes in the late sixties and loved them but the short apes are more comfortable to me. If you like the color of the stock paint why not keep it and pull it through the rest of the bike, that will make it stand out in the parking lot at bike week.
How about some photo of what you are thinking about.

Latest posts