Bags on a Big Dog

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

oldskool

One of THE 150!
I recently had a customer who owns a Big Dog Wolf ask if I could fabricate some bags for his pro street style Big Dog. I have posted these pics of the fabrication process and the bags mounted primed on his bike. Initially, I wasn't in favor of bags on a pro street platform but his insistence and story about Big Dog promising bags for the Wolf but never delivered, convinced me to take on the task. Enjoy...or not!bigdog bags15.jpgbigdog bags11.jpgbigdog bags7.jpgbigdog bags16.jpgDSC_0688.jpg

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I wish I could "make shit" like that!

Your definately the right man for the job!

thecort

Those looks awesome! Is there a reason you didn't fab a matching rear fender?

Tap it!

oldskool

One of THE 150!
Thanks 808! I think after 27 years of doing glass work, that I have fiberglass running through my veins! I itch when I'm NOT covered in it! LOL!

oldskool

One of THE 150!
Those looks awesome! Is there a reason you didn't fab a matching rear fender?

Tap it!

Thanks! I actually asked the owner if I could fab a rear fender and he declined because he wanted to see the rear wheel. I would have liked to put a taildragger style rear fender on it. The overall shape is my design but the squared edges, width, lights and latches were all from his input. Total cost to him from doing these bags from scratch was $800 so I wasn't willing to build a fender anyway just to show him that it would look better.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
That's a whole lot of custom for $800!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

oldskool

One of THE 150!
That's a whole lot of custom for $800!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Damn right it is Bill!!! He's a great guy though and it has already resulted in other Big Dog owners asking for bags. They won't go for $800! That's for DAMN sure!!

thecort

$800?!?!?! Wow! I'm coming to you for my next set of bags. I can only imagine what I'd get if I gave you $1,000! Lol

Tap it!

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Awesome. Unbelievable you did those for $800! Now, a sharksnoutbatwing front fairing would definately complete it! Awesome work on the fabs!

oldskool

One of THE 150!
Awesome. Unbelievable you did those for $800! Now, a sharksnoutbatwing front fairing would definately complete it! Awesome work on the fabs!

Funny you mentioned that! I think I have him convinced that a fairing would look cool on it as well. Is the Sharksnout batwing something thats already out there or are you offering design tips. Sounds really cool!

oldskool

One of THE 150!
Sweet skills . But I think a longer fender would be nicer.IMO

I absolutely agree Buggy! The wolf has a 20" rear with a 250 tire (I think its a 250) so there is really no reason to show it beyond personal preference in my opinion. Maybe he will change his mind once enough people suggest it. Thanks Bro!

oldskool

One of THE 150!
$800?!?!?! Wow! I'm coming to you for my next set of bags. I can only imagine what I'd get if I gave you $1,000! Lol

Tap it!

Bags actually aren't that hard to do when you're doing "one offs". Its when you have to make a plug strong enough to take a production mold off of it that makes it time consuming and expensive. Bring on your design Bro!

Latest posts