baggers with 23" wheel using trike trees

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

hwork

Site Supporter
I'm looking for some pictures of baggers, mainly SG, using trike trees with 23" fronts. I'm trying to make up my mind if I want to just go ahead and do it now or just get the 21" wheel and call it good.

thecort

Here's my 23 w/ HHI 9 degree trees

This pic is next to a RK w/ a 21 & no rake

Btw, I have a 21" for sale if you're going to go with the 21
it comes w/tire & rotors & is set up formABS but can be used on bikes without ABS.
PM me if you have any questions about it.

Tap it!

Last edited:

Joebagger

Site Supporter
Here's my 23 w/ HHI 9 degree trees

This pic is next to a RK w/ a 21 & no rake

Btw, I have a 21" for sale if you're going to go with the 21
it comes w/tire & rotors & is set up formABS but can be used on bikes without ABS.
PM me if you have any questions about it.

Tap it!

Hello, is this still for sale?

Harley75

Site Supporter
Im about to put a 23 on my 2010 road glide using the trike trees. Will I need to lower my front end, and if so can I just use the progressive drop in springs or will I need the monotubes.

Thanks

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Im about to put a 23 on my 2010 road glide using the trike trees. Will I need to lower my front end, and if so can I just use the progressive drop in springs or will I need the monotubes.

Thanks

Most importantly you need to install the entire front end without the springs in and see if you need travel limiters to keep your fender out of the trees.

To lower or not to lower is totally up to you...

YOURADHERE

Thanks

The one that I just posted used stock length Progressive Monotubes. We tried with the -2" monotubes it it put the fender WAAYYY to close to the bottom of the tree to be usable.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I've got the trike trees and the 23".

I'd like the front end to set an inch lower. But, I've crashed the fender into the trees already. I'm holding off till this winter and I'm going to redo some things. I don't know if I would lower it, but I would definately put stops in and use some heavier oil. I had no problem in the winter, but as soon as it warmed up, the fender took a hit. Like Bill said, if your going to tear it down, do a dry fit without the springs and see how much you have to work with. I didn't tear mine apart yet is why I didn't in the first place. I had intended to change out the front fender, so no harm, no foul. At least this way, the wife won't argue with me that I don't need the new front fender. ;-)

Deputy#1

Gary H., What kind of pipe do you have. Can you still hear your radio Most importantly do your neighbors still like you. I love the look but I dont want an abnoxiously loud pipe. Can you give me some feed back on it

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Gary H., What kind of pipe do you have. Can you still hear your radio Most importantly do your neighbors still like you. I love the look but I dont want an abnoxiously loud pipe. Can you give me some feed back on it

In that picture, the Sinister Up Yours. Very obnoxious! But, they sounded awesome and made some good numbers on the dyno. The wife and I couldn't handle them on the highway running around 70! Had to wear ear plugs or I the headaches would start. I ended up with the CFR's. Not nearly as obnoxious, but yet, the neighbors know when I crack the throttle. Just haven't taken pics yet.

bdog

Trees only just make me nervous. I hear horror stories.... but i am still tempted to do it....