bagger wobble

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
Any one got a DIY fix for that nasty wobble . I mostly get it in a windy day at higher speeds. 75 -80 mph. on the high way in the curves. kinda scary but i just hold into it . most time. just cant spend the $300 bucks for the big name ones right now.

Opunui

What year bike..any mods. Any work on the suspension. Any rear swing arm issues.i.e bearings and bushing wear. Just a little more info.

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
What year bike..any mods. Any work on the suspension. Any rear swing arm issues.i.e bearings and bushing wear. Just a little more info.

Its a 1990. stock susspention going to put the home made air ride on.back. all new motor mounts 2 years ago. running metzler tires. tire pressuere up shock presure up .

Zach

Site Supporter
I would rebuild the swing arm before you add any stabilizer. New rubber and check the pivot shaft for any excessive wear.

Zach

SUAVE

It's a test to determine if your steering head bolt is to tight or to loose.bearing preload etc. that's the real basic.

and to do this you pretty much lift the bike up so the tire leaves the ground. Make sure the bike is level and no added weight to the forks to make them move (balance either way). Then you grab one end off your bars and pull it to one side. Count the times it swings from one side to another and thats your test. if it more than 3 times i believe it needs tightning. or it could be the other way but you get my drift. lol

Latest posts