Bagger Lay frame

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TorqueSpeedshop

One of THE 150!
Hey Guys,

Matt from Torque Speedshop from Nova Scotia, Canada. Have a customer who wants his bagger to lay frame. We are doing a 26 with a Rolling Thunder frame. There are a few guys out there who have achieved this...just wondering if it is possible to do without sacrificing stock ground clearance. I may be completely wrong but it looks like ride height on these bikes is quite low. Are there any air shocks on the market that have more than 2.25 - 2.5'' of travel?

I am trying do design this so there are zero downsides to render the bike not practical, Always the tricky part haha.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Tks,
Matt

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Yup, use the Monroe shocks and Bimba cylinders in the front.

4" of travel on each end.

Moving the shock mounts can also net you more axle travel.

I have mine setup so it is 1 3/8" off the ground when dumped. It wouldn't be hard to get it on the ground.

You may have to run a bit more up stretch on the neck to get the front on the ground.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bill

I used to own some shit!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348247917184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348247917184.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 623

TorqueSpeedshop

One of THE 150!
Awesome! Thanks guys! How well do the Monroe shocks work? The bike looks sweet Bill! Up in my neck of the woods there aren't many guys experimenting with stuff like this. Great to get info from helpful people!

TorqueSpeedshop

One of THE 150!
Looks sweet! Love the green! Any more pics of the bike? Do you have the same setup as Bill mentioned? Did you have to raise the rear fender at all?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
The Monroes work so well that my Arnotts are collecting dust.

smokenjoep01

Funny you should bring this up. Last night at bike night I had a guy use that term "lay frame" Getting it on the ground shouldnt be hard. My question is, if you want to dump all the air and lay it on the frame. What doyou do when there is a malfunction and your bikes laying frame and you cant roll it anywere? Or if it happens while riding. BTW WELCOME!

TorqueSpeedshop

One of THE 150!
Smokenjoep01, That is the next thing I am trying to figure out. I was thinking some type of electric actuator that would work as a lockout pin....or even some type of spring loaded safety pin...somethat that would only allow you to slam the bike if you had it held in....like locks on bike lift.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Funny you should bring this up. Last night at bike night I had a guy use that term "lay frame" Getting it on the ground shouldnt be hard. My question is, if you want to dump all the air and lay it on the frame. What doyou do when there is a malfunction and your bikes laying frame and you cant roll it anywere? Or if it happens while riding. BTW WELCOME!

That is why my dump height is 1 3/8" and not 0"...

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
Smokenjoep01, That is the next thing I am trying to figure out. I was thinking some type of electric actuator that would work as a lockout pin....or even some type of spring loaded safety pin...somethat that would only allow you to slam the bike if you had it held in....like locks on bike lift.

Do it like Bill.. Electric 1 1/2" center stand.. Drop the stand then dump the air... He's got 1 1/2" with no air or stand..

Np198

Big time bike looks sick! What degree neck and trees r u running? I got air front and rear and my frame is like 4in from the ground. My rear fender is bottomed out on the stock rear tire and my front fender is only 1/4 inch from the bottom of the trees. Also r the newer frames lower or something than the old ones? I would love to be able to lay frame.

Rozkopeeko

yoooooooooooooooo we need a step by step for either the complete dump or center stand ................. BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Latest posts