bad dad summit rear fender

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Big Evil

Site Supporter
anyone running the bad dad summit rear fender?
I am having my bike repainted, and want to redo the wiring on my bad dad summit rear fender.
what did you all use, and how did you run the wiring?
over the top of the tire, to the side of the tire?
what is the best way to do the wiring?
last time I used heat shrink, and ran it over the top of the tire, but some of my mounting points came off.
looking for some input from fellow Chopped baggers.
Thanks!

Zach

Site Supporter
Pretty sure Opunui is running that fender. Not sure how he did his wiring.

I know Slothy ran his wiring along the saddlebag support rail. I thought that was a great idea.

Zach

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I use a Yaffe fender and run mine under the strut covers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Opunui

Yes I am running a modified summit fender. I ran the wire harness at the apex of the radius on the right side of fender. When I air down my fender lays nicely on the tire.

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Thanks guys,
I think when I do it this time, I'm going with Opunui's method.
I am adding the home built rear air ride as well, so doing it that way will keep the tire off the wires completely.

lumper

So is the air suspension any good for riding?

I was under the impression it was mainly for lowering the bike and taking pics, more so than making it a better riding bike?
I cant decide on whether it is something I Want to do unless it adds a better ride.

IS it more comfortable than the stock or after market shocks you can run on these bikes?

Is there a reason you have to run this adjustable suspension when raking the bike?

Thanks for any info,
Lump

Opunui

I am going on two years and 9000 miles and couldnt be any happier. But you can run any suspension your little heart desires. you would be missing the "kool factor" though.

gwphelpss10

I've had the home built air ride for over 2 years around 11,000 miles on it. The ride is alot better than stock and wouldn't go back for anything. I'm sure there's alot hear that would say the same thing.