Avoid Paul yaffee and his products

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

crutter

Site Supporter
I must say that Paul yaffee makes/sells some nice products for our bikes. I have 3 different products myself. But his customer service SUCKS!!! On March 23 I called and got the automated message saying we are to busy to answer the phone leave you name or send an email. So I emailed them a simple question: how much over stock are the lines for 12" monkey bars? I just got a response today and it went as follows:
Hello Chris!
Sorry for the delay we are very busy and I got back to as fast as I could…
We have complete kits!* Even for Single rotor!
So you don’t have to hunt around for this or that, it’s all in the box!
Let me know if I can get this ordered for you.
Thank you,

Phil Locke
Sales Consultant

Not only did they not answer my question all they tried to do was sell me more stuff. Thank god for this place as this is where I found the answers( +6 on the cables and +8 on the wires). Let's not give those greedy thieves anymore of our money. Other companies make products that are just as cool!

iowabagger

Site Supporter
paul is very busy and so is the staff. But his parts are badass and worth the wait. I have ordered some things from sinister and can tell you that his things are produced way to fast and the quality is not like yaffe; I have called yaffe numerous times in one day just so i could get through and those guys have always been topnotch too me. Its hard too hide the fact we all want answers and we all want badass parts now. but lets face it all these bikes are pretty much customs now with cut, rake, stretch, and fitting parts, measuring, mock up, tear down, off to paint and then finally put her back together. But in the end its all worth the wait, and you know its all worth it when everyone has to stop and stare and your buddies can't stop drooling over it. I know alot of guys say that its too much work, they wouldn't do it. But there the ones that stare and dream that they were the ones on the seat. I love this kinda of stuff, i already have plans to build to road glide.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
paul is very busy and so is the staff. But his parts are badass and worth the wait. I have ordered some things from sinister and can tell you that his things are produced way to fast and the quality is not like yaffe; i have called yaffe numerous times in one day just so i could get through and those guys have always been topnotch too me. Its hard too hide the fact we all want answers and we all want badass parts now. But lets face it all these bikes are pretty much customs now with cut, rake, stretch, and fitting parts, measuring, mock up, tear down, off to paint and then finally put her back together. But in the end its all worth the wait, and you know its all worth it when everyone has to stop and stare and your buddies can't stop drooling over it. I know alot of guys say that its too much work, they wouldn't do it. But there the ones that stare and dream that they were the ones on the seat. I love this kinda of stuff, i already have plans to build to road glide.
very well said

DonJulio

I have a couple Yaffe parts, OEM Monkeybars and Yafterburner Fork covers and His $hit is nice, I didnt order any of it through Him or His website. Its so nice I can only buy 1 piece at a time.

Im currently looking for Yafterburner Saddlebag Latches, Yafterburner Ignition switch cover and the FBW Yafterburner grips all in chrome if you know anybody who has it in stock.

lowdog

One of THE 150!
Maybe its just me but when I call a buisness to relieve me of some of my hard earned cash and they do not call back in a timely fashion........Sorry I move on. I rarely make a second call to that buisness. Jmo

WFO-SG

Banned
I have a couple of yaffe parts. Just like DJ said, none I actually got from him. Nice parts though. But If I called a shop wondering some technical questions and I got sucked into their parts, sorry, Im not buying.

I actually buy most of my stuff on ebay. Its cheaper and gets here fast. I ordered all my new stuff off ebay minus wheel and tire and got here within a week. All cheaper than the actual sites.

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
IMO if they cant keep up with phone calls, and have orders backed up, MAYBE they need to hire more people. Its obvious the demand is there.

bradwulf20

Customer service imo should be number one priority. I once drove 5 hours to buy a bike because the salesman was a complete asshole. Just sayin

vrog

One of THE 150!
Everyone is going to have a bad experience with a company sooner or later, the good thing is that someone else will also have a good experience with that same company. I think its hard to understand what these companies actually do on a day to day basis. In todays world with e-mail, smart phones facebook etc etc we think we are entitled to a response asap. I understand peoples frustration when they need or want an answer and dont get one in a reasonable time or in this case trying to sell something else rather than answer the question. Can you imagine the nonsense phone calls they must take all day? People asking questions, picking their brains and then not even placing an order, Better yet get all the info they need and place the order somewhere else to save $15! Not saying this is the case at all with the OP.

At the end of the day these people have to step away from the phones and computers to go into the shop in order to turn a profit to try and keep the business running. Especially now with this bagger craze being so popular the supply and demand for parts is hard for them to keep up with.

I think most of you know and its no secrect that I'm good friends with Cameron at Camtech. Sure I'm friends first, bikes second. I got his cell # so I can pretty much get ahold of him when needed. I called the other day to ask about some parts, No BS, his damn shop phone would not stop ringing! He answered every damn one of the calls too. It got to the point I just hung up on him. Sent him a text to call me when he was done trying to make a living lol. He sent me a text later that nite but hell I was already in bed by then.

Sorry for the rant, got a little carried away................

N

Nautical Customs

Its hard to run a shop take order and answer all of peoples questions. I my self don't get home till late most night. Try to keep everyone happy. I personally know The boys at Yaffes phil, brady and paul and they all work real hard to get stuff out. They can't help it when shit is not made fast enough. I have a customer right now waiting on a fender and his friend on a license plate frame. They have been very patient thank god for that. I know that emails work great in a lot of case we try to have someone answer all call at all time but shit happens. sorry for your bad experience. If there is something we can do let us know we all try to do our best.

shadow

No complaints here Phil has always been great,yes sometimes frustrating when you have money to spend and can't get through.But i usually hang up try back in alittle while and get through every time.Usually have my parts within a day or 2.I 'm in Lake Havasu az so it's only a couple hundred miles for the brown santa.

Peterod45

Its hard to run a shop take order and answer all of peoples questions. I my self don't get home till late most night. Try to keep everyone happy. I personally know The boys at Yaffes phil, brady and paul and they all work real hard to get stuff out. They can't help it when shit is not made fast enough. I have a customer right now waiting on a fender and his friend on a license plate frame. They have been very patient thank god for that. I know that emails work great in a lot of case we try to have someone answer all call at all time but shit happens. sorry for your bad experience. If there is something we can do let us know we all try to do our best.

Fender?? Oh yeah, what about that ol thing?? Just kidding. But really Cisco, you nailed it in your first sentence. As in demand as his products are and as much as everyone loves his products....hire some more HELP!!! I know for a fact that their customer service is not top notch after dealing with them many many times. Thankfully your around Cisco, so I can just get mad at you...kidding again, of course.

While we're talking about Yaffe, haha, I need some black Power Mirrors. Can you send me your great price, as always? :)

Peterod45

The sad thing about this issue is Yaffe been in business for over 20 years..So there is no excuse period.

In a way, there may be the answer to his longevity. Lower overhead than most and produces on demand. Sounds like a successful business formula. If we don't like it we can go to someone else.

thecort

The sad thing about this issue is Yaffe been in business for over 20 years..So there is no excuse period.

Yeah, he should've figured it out by now...
Unless...its all part of the (his) master plan...

Tap it!

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
In a way, there may be the answer to his longevity. Lower overhead than most and produces on demand. Sounds like a successful business formula. If we don't like it we can go to someone else.
To play the devils advocate here, the reason he turns out really nice stuff is probably due to the fact he has minimal employees and he can keep his thumb on top of quality control. When I had 4 more service trucks and 6 more employees I could run a lot more service calls but the quality my customers had become used to began to suffer. Nobody will take care of your business like you yourself will. I suspect paul knows this too.
That being said there is still no excuse for a 2 week wait for a response.