Average miles on a used harley?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

I have a chance to purchase a 2009 SG "103 built motor by Harley",with 23,130 miles on it. Does that seem like a lot and is 16K a decent price?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Offer 13-14 and then it would be a decent deal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Marathonman

For comparison..... Got my 09 from a dealer for 14k with about the same mileage bone stock. Private sale should be able to do better.

BigChief

Actually, i did offer 14k and he said no! I'm going to pass anyway, it does not have security or ABS, though I really want one with the 103'' motor. By the way, are they that much stronger than the 96'' motors?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I paid 17k for my 2010 Ultra with 1900 miles on it last December.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
Where you're located and when you buy it can make a difference also, buying a bike in the north or midwest in December or January will definitely be cheaper than here in Florida. Miles on the bike just depends on what kind of person had it, I tend to put more than 15k per year on my bike, but I can ride year round and ride the bike more than just weekends, If your leisure or weekend rider, mileage tends to be low.

BigChief

The money you save on the 103 put it into the 96. Stage 2 for 1500-2000. that will eat that 103 up.
I didn't know that. What exactly is the Stage II then, larger cams? Plus I may be different in that I really don't want a loud bike as well...

BigChief

Where you're located and when you buy it can make a difference also, buying a bike in the north or midwest in December or January will definitely be cheaper than here in Florida. Miles on the bike just depends on what kind of person had it, I tend to put more than 15k per year on my bike, but I can ride year round and ride the bike more than just weekends, If your leisure or weekend rider, mileage tends to be low.
I'm located in Jville, Florida, so yes there is riding all year long. It look as if I will wait until after Biketober Fest, and then see what deals I can get. And if push comes to shove and a great deals happens up north, I'll travel up north to get a bike..

Deeganstata

Vendor
Put a cam in a 96" for a few hundred and kill a 103"
Actually, i did offer 14k and he said no! I'm going to pass anyway, it does not have security or ABS, though I really want one with the 103'' motor. By the way, are they that much stronger than the 96'' motors?

Latest posts