Audio upgrade

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I'm sure this is a beat to death topic on here but i would like to upgrade my speakers, my stock head unit is working great so if I can still use this and get a amp and speakers that would be sweet, are there any good setups for about $400 that will work, I don't need a $800 setup as it's just a bike and would rather focus that kind of money on cosmetic stuff. Thanks for all info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLJ676

Like I said in the other thread, you can get HCX 165's for $270 ish and then add a Vibe Lite Box amp for only $109 now. The amp is the same as the Arc audio that's well over $300 and very well reveiwed (both are Ubuy amps same as Elf and some other brands) but a British brand that you can get for very cheap here.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...n=productads&gclid=CN3w-_CrnLICFac7MgodTEAAUw

I have this exact setup and it is pretty easy to install and is very loud and clear. I have had lots of different car stereo setups and this is my first experience w/ Hertz and I am very impressed.

RLJ676

They're car audio speakers, they are all "water resistant". Doors are not water tight.

Further, in a fairing they are mounted vertically and will be fine, water isn't pooling in them. I believe there are tons of these things in bikes so I would not be concerned.

Opunui

They're car audio speakers, they are all "water resistant". Doors are not water tight.

Further, in a fairing they are mounted vertically and will be fine, water isn't pooling in them. I believe there are tons of these things in bikes so I would not be concerned.

Really.. mine are mounted in my bag lids and when it rains i have to put the covers on or they will fill up with water.

plus the question was are they waterproof not water resistent.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Yeah u buying I'm permanently disabled so my budget is real tight but if u want to get me an early Christmas please feel free! Lol

RLJ676

Really.. mine are mounted in my bag lids and when it rains i have to put the covers on or they will fill up with water.

plus the question was are they waterproof not water resistent.

That's a different use, which is why I mentioned they're mounted vertically so there is no pooling, etc. They're fine for in the fairing there would be no advantage to "water proof". Marine audio is predominately a farce to charge a bit more as far as speakers are concerned. Basically any are water resistant and made with rubber surrounds and water proof cones. There's not much more that can be done to make it "water proof", as the voicecoil will be open making a short possible. Further, I wouldn't want "water proof" or any type of speaker exposed upwards anyways as the probability of a short would be too high for my liking due to pooling.

So in short I would not turn away from Hertz or Focal, etc just to get a "marine" speaker for the fairings.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I don't mean water proof but resistant, im just having a hard telling my self to spend money on bike speakers when it sits most of the week anyway just doesn't seem logical yet i want it a little louder with out going broke

thecort

Hey Daryl, I had those Hertz speakers & they were awesome. I have been through rain with them & never had any issues.

Tap it!

RLJ676

At a min that Vibe amp is a total steal. Read about the Arc if you want to know more about it, for $109 you will not beat it for 2x as much money.

Latest posts