Audio help

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Opunui

Ok not as smart as I thought I was or am or whatever. I have an arc audio ks125.4
How it supposed to be wired up. I have 4 ohm hertz speakers up front and 6x9 in the lids. Just so confusing. I might have it right but want to know from our audiophile gurus.

Aloha,

N

Nautical Customs

you just want to keep them at 4 ohms right bro? them positive to positive and negative to negative

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Things to check:
Some head units have a variable output level to the amp...
Poor amp ground can effect power output... (tie head unit gnd to amp gnd at same point if convenient)
Swapped +/- (phase) makes bass output weak...

thecort

That's a pretty good combo. Check that ground. Maybe go right to the battery.

Tap it!

BIG TIME BAGGER

I think there's a switch under the little plug for the high level inputs that usually needs to be pressed in or out depending on which inputs u are using

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
On the arc mini 4 channel you still use the RCA cable but you would wire them to the speaker leads out of the deck instead of plugging the RCA in. Say if you were hooking it up to a stock deck. Usually Arc puts rcas in the box that only have ends on one side. Then you flip the switch on top between hi and low for input.

Opunui

On the arc mini 4 channel you still use the RCA cable but you would wire them to the speaker leads out of the deck instead of plugging the RCA in. Say if you were hooking it up to a stock deck. Usually Arc puts rcas in the box that only have ends on one side. Then you flip the switch on top between hi and low for input.

Thanks..makes sense know

bmet26

What model of hertz speakers did you buy and what type of 6X9's do you you have (model)? Depending on their rating you can run the speakers in parallel to drop the OHMS rating to get more wattage out of your amp.