Arnott Bilsteins popping

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
Anyone else running Bilstiens and get a pop when they inflate? Once I get about 40 pounds in them the left shock will pop. The bike will drop slightly then start airing up again. I'll admit I'm being lazy posting this. I haven't pulled the bag off to actually watch what's going on when this pop happens, but it sounds like the shock air bag is hanging up on something. It's done it since I put them on last year, but I'm starting to get concerned it's creating wear on the bag. I'm going to start pulling it down for winter changes I'm making after the Toy Run in early December. Just looking for some input from others on this.

Zach

jr1000yarder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else running Bilstiens and get a pop when they inflate? Once I get about 40 pounds in them the left shock will pop. The bike will drop slightly then start airing up again. I'll admit I'm being lazy posting this. I haven't pulled the bag off to actually watch what's going on when this pop happens, but it sounds like the shock air bag is hanging up on something. It's done it since I put them on last year, but I'm starting to get concerned it's creating wear on the bag. I'm going to start pulling it down for winter changes I'm making after the Toy Run in early December. Just looking for some input from others on this.

Zach

Shock Bag is hitting the saddlebag bag. Did it with mine when I had them

Zach

Site Supporter
I'll check that out. Like I said, I was being lazy posting this without pulling a bag off and watching what's going on. I'll do that tonight and post up what I find since at least one other member is having a similar issue.

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
Took a vid. Nothing hitting the bags. Can't get the video I here. I'll keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jr1000yarder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm mine was rubbing causing that pop sound. ..dunno man sorry. It wasnt much contact that i remember. U try it with bags off just for shits and giggles

Zach

Site Supporter
That's what it looked like to me to. Wonder if the top of those shocks can be removed. Or were you thinking about just shooting some lubricant up there with the bag fully deflated?

WD-40 and rubber don't usually mix well. Maybe some silicon spray?

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
LOL. Go ahead and go to bed man. I'm wiped out. Had to fire a guy today that I consider a friend. I don't have any lubricant and I'm not running to town to find some tonight.

Zach

Dry lube or silicone spray. .Both places wouldn't hurt.

Hurry up im on the east coast and gettin late!

JMS

Mine pop as well.....have had them on for a few years. Doesn't seem to be an issue.

Shak

Site Supporter
I'll bet it's designed so the rubber bag goes up to the top of the shock and tight around it so when it deflates, it sits on rubber and you don't get a metal to metal sound. And when you inflate it it pulls it away faster than it can air up.

Nomad

Site Supporter
Mine have always popped on airing up. I think it's the way the Arnotts just work.

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Now That right there is annoying as all Fuck!!!!
You and I are obviously very different......I could not stand to listen to that every time I aired up.....I would have ditched those shocks by now!