Arnott Air Shocks Pressure Question

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

dumpster0621

I took off my bags last night to replace my tailights and noticed that I had a spot on each side where the air bladder from the shocks is rubbing on the inside of the bags. So I put the bags back on air the bike up to check the clearence and cant see where it would be touching. Then I sat on the bike thinking maybe the weight from me would cause the bladder to expand a little and touch the bags....nope.

My question being, when I air the bike up could I not be putting enough air in the shocks that when I hit bumps it compresses bladder enough to rub the bag......I generally adjust the firmness of the shock within the first mile or two to as low of air pressure as possible but still comfortable ride......I dont have a pressure gauge, that is why I keep it as low as possible, not to put too much pressure in the shocks......maybe I am over thinking this....is it possible to over pressurize the shocks....is there a safety overfill release on these small compressors like a regular shop compressor? In theory could I hold the button on long enough for the compressor to "stop" filling the shock and just bleeding the air out a release valve?

thecort

Sitting parked you probably won't be able to duplicate the forces that are required to expand those bags that much lol
I fill my shocks til they stop rising then lower them 1" or so. Works good for me.

Tap it!

Jeremy1976

If you have a guage I run 40psi and 60 with my wife on the back. I am 185lbs. I generally will air up until it starts to just rise and then a 2 second count longer and I am good to go. If I feel it bottom out when riding I just hit the button another 2 second count and it is good.

dumpster0621

I do the same thing Jeremy, I wait till it gets to the top and then wait 4 seconds, I weigh 220.....and I have 2" lowering blocks on it. I have to stiffen it up a bit more or I will feel it bottom out. I think I might move my shock up one hole to the 1" drop setting.

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
I do the same thing Jeremy, I wait till it gets to the top and then wait 4 seconds, I weigh 220.....and I have 2" lowering blocks on it. I have to stiffen it up a bit more or I will feel it bottom out. I think I might move my shock up one hole to the 1" drop setting.

It might be possible its rubbing do to the lowering blocks. it puts the shocks on a diff. angle and thats why it may rub a little. I had blocks on my 90 visually it cleared but they rubbed when ridding. so i took them off. fyi

Latest posts