• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Anyone with a 26" in the NYC area?

thecort

I'm looking to put on a 23" or 26" but I'd like to see if anyone would be willing to let me see their bike...you pick the spot.
I'm in NJ 3-4 times a week so anyone living there could respond too.
It's tough for me to just pull the trigger based on pictures. I need to see it in person.
Living in this area I won't be surprised or insulted if there aren't any takers.
I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Thanks guys.

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
I was dead set on a 23" wheel. I recently went to a show and saw a bunch of bikes roll in. I knew right away which ones were 26" and I saw one that rolled by and totally thought it was a 21" until I saw the avon tire and looked a little closer and saw it was a 23". I no longer want a 23"

So many people asked me in the past if mine was a 21", a couple asked me if it was a 23". If you go 26", you wont get anybody confused between 23" or 26"

ROADKINGUY

Site Supporter
yeah and you will be dodging potholes all day and night , with the roads out here lolol I don't think it's practical , it looks sick but not for around here .....

TNTCC

Site Supporter
yeah and you will be dodging potholes all day and night , with the roads out here lolol I don't think it's practical , it looks sick but not for around here .....

The main reason I don't run a 26". I'm doing a total build with a 26" but its more of a display bike, not my daily ride. For the roads I ride a 23" is as far as I'll do, to avoid a catastophic wheel shot.

thecort

Seriously that's what has me thinking of a 23". It's just that going to a 26" isn't much more.

Tap it!

toosons

Now I'm back to the 23, i like ridding not watching my bike under display lights. I'll show it to them when I'm on it....

DonJulio

Hmmm. This place is killing me. Here I am thinking doing a 23 may have been a mistake. Lurking all the 26"ers out there. I have a 23 ordered. Who knows. Maybe I'll put the 23 on the back. Lol.

slothy

Balls
im sure michigan can give ny a run for its money for largest pot holes - the smaller ones the 26" steam rolls over them. havent had the pleasure of hitting a large one yet..

thecort

im sure michigan can give ny a run for its money for largest pot holes - the smaller ones the 26" steam rolls over them. havent had the pleasure of hitting a large one yet..

See that's what I don't need...a bad influence on me. I'm feeling very vulnerable right now! Lol

Tap it!

Slowbagger

Site Supporter

said by someone that seems to ride the shit out of his 26 lol....