Anyone have pics of a raked neck 23" bike?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I know there aren't many of these out there since it's not a necessity to do the 23. Before I commit to doing something, I'd like to get an idea of how it looks. I'd like to change to a 26, but not sure if my bank account will allow me to go that far this winter. I'd like to get a more laid out, stretched look on my bike like you 26" boys have but not sure how the 23 would look. Can anyone help me out?

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I have one in my garage but it has the new pickard trees... I can send some when I get home if u want.....go with the 26

DCHBGR, if you have trees only, I've seen enough pictures of them. I have 7* trees on mine now. I'm wanting to see what the neck cut/weld does to it.

Pickard, that's sharp. Do you know what kind of trail you are getting with the 7/7's. I'm wondering what trail would be if it were 9/7 since i have the trees already. I'm trying to cut down on the repurchases. I'd like to know if I can run my 23" with the neck rake for awhile if for some reason I can't do the 26 this winter.

Last edited:

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
trail is right around 6in. I haven't calculated a 9/7 set up... Maybe someone has done that and could chime in? If not, I'll do some calcs and see where it comes out to...

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Pickard, if you have the know how to do that, that would be awesome. With the 7/7 being on the high side, maybe the 9/7 would put it down around 4 or 5 I'm hoping, which I believe would keep it within safe limits wouldn't it?

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
trail is right around 6in. I haven't calculated a 9/7 set up... Maybe someone has done that and could chime in? If not, I'll do some calcs and see where it comes out to...

can you give me the difference in trail between 9 neck 7 tree vs 7 neck 9 tree on a 26?

thanks

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I don't pretend to be a know it all on this, but from everything I read so far, with the 7/7 being around 6" which is what I've been told is the high side, (I was told that preferred was between 4" & 7"), a 7/9 would more than likely increase the trail even further and put it over the 7" max preferred zone. Anyone that knows the details on this, feel free to jump in and correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking!

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
Gary, with a 9 deg neck and 7 deg trees, your trail is about 7.4 with a 23" wheel. It can vary a bit depending on how high your neck is and the length of your legs, but I put in some general specs that we would use and you will be in the mid 7in range... When you do a 9 deg neck and 9 deg trees, your trail will go back to 6.4. The longer trail will be ok for your application because it means the bike will be more stable at high speed. However, it might feel slightly heavier at lower speeds, but you won't have a wobble... hope that helps

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
so 9 & 9 with a 23 would put it at the mid 6's? What does it do to a 26? Was my thinking backward, with more tree rake creating less trail? I htought it was the other way around. BTW, thank you so much for helping me with this!

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
Gary. Hope I'm not hijacking your thread but this is where I am in my build and I darn sure want to make sure its right before I weld.

pickard, i'm coming up with 7.63 with 7 neck 9 tree on a 26. Does this sound close and what kind of handling characteristics will I have. Also I'm looking to have 1" to 1 1-/2" stretch at most with no up/height added. I'm adding an internal sleeve to rake the neck the way you guys do it.

Thanks for all the info.

Latest posts