anyone ever build their own tour pac mount

sscglide

Site Supporter
just like the title says anyone ever build their own tour pac mount i really cant see spending 280.00 american whichs will in turn be well over 400 by the time it gets to me in canada .

i have my own cnc plasma cutter and am going to build one this week just wondering if anyone else has done it before i am thinking mine will be a bolt on rather than quick detach to save some time with programing for now.

if you have pics please post them up

ElGiganteJake

Mine was built by the guy I bought it from. He laid out a design in cardboard and cut it out. You can get the quick releases from the dealer.

DSmoke

I am planning to fab a quick detach next winter to work with my overlay fender. I'm interested to to see how you make out.

12VOLTPHIL

Site Supporter
I made one for my subwoofer box that I made 4 years ago for my 11' RGC.
I used a 08' and older fixed mount, and cut it up to use the side pieces. Trimmed them up quite a bit, and welded some square stock to strengthen it.

Torch

Site Supporter
I think Torch made one out of the side templates I sent him, from my tour pak mount.
That task got put on hold, trying to wrap up changes for now, gotta a local event Thur-Sun and Sturgis in a couple weeks. Razor tour pak, flame thrower exhaust, tank skins, and rear Hertz 690's got shelved until winter, I need to ride...