Anybody familiar with late model GM lift kits?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I'm seriously considering the purchase of this truck. Anybody know if there are issues with huge GM lift kits? The tires appear to be wearing evenly. Its gets up to 80mph smoothy (2007 Duramax) and the suspension parts look very well designed. I have no idea what brand, height, articulation, etc. I'm familiar with Jeep lift kits but this is a different animal. Any advice would be appreciated.

InsaneDuramax.jpg

Opunui

Yardy I got rid of my 2005 duramax. Wished I never did. The best diesel out there. Looks to be about a 6-8 " lift. There solid. The factory does not make that lift kit. It is an after market one. Look for decals on shocks.

How much and how many miles?

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I think it has 110k miles. Oddly enough, it appears that they left the engine alone; no chip, intake, or emissions mods. Probably $24k when we get down to the shiznit (they seem to be following book value and not paying much attention to add-ons which look to be a pretty significant chunk of change by inspection). I need something that can pull a smaller bumper-pull toy hauler with but would still like to pucker the giblets going up left hand canyon.

thecort

These trucks are real good. The lift kits today are much better. You should be fine. Just make sure your hitch ball is set at the right height for that trailer. You want the nose of the trailer level or slightly lower than the rear. Nose high trailers cause sway. Good luck!

Tap it!

RLJ676

Off the top of my head I can't think of any that are junk I'd avoid. If you can figure out what this one is though it'd help.

That's a sweet truck, and those BMF's are expensive wheels so I'd guess it's a Cognito or CST lift, both are very good. Can you tell if it has aftermarket tubular upper a arms, I believe that would likely make it Cognito or CST.

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
That's a good looking truck and price doesn't seem too bad. Get rid of the roll bar and your set.

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Cognito! That was on one of the after-market parts, Thanks! Slowbagger - I thought removing the roll bar would be priority one also. Talked to a couple other guys today who have lifted Duramaxs and they haven't had any issues. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Thanks for your responses!

RLJ676

Cognito! That was on one of the after-market parts, Thanks! Slowbagger - I thought removing the roll bar would be priority one also. Talked to a couple other guys today who have lifted Duramaxs and they haven't had any issues. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Thanks for your responses!

Yep, Cognito is a great lift, possibly the best on the 3/4 tons. BMF wheels are bad ass too, post up some more pics after you get it.

Dieselplace.com will be a good place to get more info too.

Latest posts