Any regrets?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
Just wondering for those that went with a 23, did you wish you had gone with a 26? And vice versa, if you went with a 26, do you wish you had gone with a 23? I want to do this only once. I don't ride cross
Country, but will occasionally put on 250 in a day. Leaning towards a 26.

Thanks

Bill

I used to own some shit!
26, anything else and you'll be doubting your decision...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Paul O'Brien

I'm doing a 23 because I live in the pacific NW and we have a lot of pot holes and want a thicker tire than a 26, it still looks bad ass

TNTCC

Site Supporter
I'm doing a 23 because I live in the pacific NW and we have a lot of pot holes and want a thicker tire than a 26, it still looks bad ass

Same reason here in the WV mountains. No regrets at all. Like the look and balance of a 23" verses a 26" and I probably would have exploded a 26" a few times on some of the roads we hit.

thecort

I very happy with my 23" bit I haven't seen a 26 up close yet to come it to. Plus I don't want to cut my frame.

Tap it!

Peterod45

I went 23" and love the balanced look. It doesn't give it the "big wheel" look, but to each his own. Some guys won't do 600+ mile days often, and I liked the sense of security w more rubber up front on my longer trips. As is, my 23" hits some holes hard. I imagine a 26" hits much harder. The issues w the Vee Rubber 26" tire leak issues (not with all) also led to my choice.
It really comes down to your preference, in looks and riding style. If your only going 250/day, I'd prob go w the 26".

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
Thanks guys, that's how I feel. I know me and bigger is always better. I think I would regret it if I went with the 23. But to each is on. I still like the way the 23 looks

SUAVE

Lmao! I was just saying that I hope the 26 doesn't become the next 21! Remember when everyone thought that that was BIG!

Yup I had one of the first 21"s in town 3 years ago. People thought it was huge! In my town people still think there huge! As soon as BIG TIME BAGGER roll ours out the garage people arent gonna know what to think!

Paul O'Brien

I cut my frame and added 7 deg plus 7 deg trees and a 23" wheel . If you don't cut ur frame ur dame and trail get coffee up, just my opinion.

thecort

Dont want to hijack this thread but you can run a 23" with out cutting and chopping? If so I would like to know.

I am. I put HHI 9 degree trees on it & it rides great! Above 65mph it feels light so I just ordered a steering damper.

Tap it!

Peterod45

808Bagger has mentioned many times that you could run a set of trike trees and lower the front and it will ride good w a 23".

Mike7Legacy

I have a PM 23", HHI 9 degree trees and Burly slammer front end kit and it's awesome. No regrets. I'm sure one day I will do the 26", but I'm very happy for right now!