Any Harley Tech on here????

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
is there a torque spec on the rear engine mount nuts....what does a belt replace take a harley tech....do these belts stretch....and how tight exactly are these belts supposed to be?

thanks for the feed back in advance

smokenjoep01

Rear engine mounts?? You talking about the pivot shaft bolts? Belt with 1/2"- 5/8" deflection applying 10# pressure. As long as its not flopping enough to jump teeth and you cank strum it like a banjo. It will be fine. They are quite forgiving.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Thanks OP...
Yessir the pivot shaft bolts...last belt change thought it was alot more vibration after i put it back together...this time left them a little looser...just wondering on the specs if any...thanks for the help bro

Rear engine mounts?? You talking about the pivot shaft bolts? Belt with 1/2"- 5/8" deflection applying 10# pressure. As long as its not flopping enough to jump teeth and you cank strum it like a banjo. It will be fine. They are quite forgiving.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Yeah no shit Bill... It's the 3rd one in a month. I had a buddy of mine that is service manager at local HD dealer have his head man check it and he said it was good. That AIM clutch and my motor are just a good team I guess. Lol. Anyone on here running his kit? Is it noisy?

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
you have ripped up 3 belts in a month? you got something wrong. I dont care how cranked up your motor is, you should not be breaking belts like rubberbands. you sure you dont have a rock that is like lodged up by your front sprocket that isnt cutting your belts up?

Zach

Site Supporter
you have ripped up 3 belts in a month? you got something wrong. I dont care how cranked up your motor is, you should not be breaking belts like rubberbands. you sure you dont have a rock that is like lodged up by your front sprocket that isnt cutting your belts up?

Riding a big bagger like a dirt bike will definitely rip belts up. I have a feeling DCH isn't exactly easy on his bike.

Zach

Buggy

One of THE 150!
Do a chain if you got a big motor set up ,I have seen and broke a few myself and chain is The way to go Imo if you break that many cuz belts aren't cheap

smokenjoep01

I agree. I have put well over 25K miles on my old bagger with a 124" and the rear fender tip worn off. Used one belt. Something is wrong. But a chain is a easy solution.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Yeah I'm furious about it and have checked for rocks, a broken or chipped pulley on trans and wheel, even let someone else adjust it that has never broken one. I'm not easy on that shit box at all and just replaced tranny mainshaft and second gear intermediate. I really don't think it should be breaking them and don't want a chain really. It can't me mis-alignment cause it's all stick back there. So my next question is that has anyone seen those rubber inserts in the IDS worn and allowing the pulley to kinda "free wheel" for a split second and then grab..??

Latest posts