Another R* 26'er

bigflip

Was getting bored with my bike so decided to change things up with a 26". Thanks to strike aka B aka Veney aka "just take my my money & get me the parts", got hooked up with a 50 spoke 26. Stayed up late wrenching a couple of nights so i can roll the new wheel to the Lost Highway show down here in SoCal. I was a little hesitant since I had never ridden a 26. After the triple digit shake down the morning of lost highway, I was ready to go. Rides like a dream...riding 2 up rolls smooth as well...no wobble!

Blew the front end apart last night for so I can get a few things powdercoated. Gonna roll like this for a few months then add front Air...like I tell my girl...it's never done.

bigflip

thanks guys...trying to decide if I want to put the front fork tins back on or not. I was thinking of just shaving the lower legs and running without a fender....for a different look. What do you guys think?

rwcc30

i ran with no front fender for 7 years, I got tired of trying to ride when it rained and getting a road grime shower...just a thought...it always looks good...but beware the grime shower

jbdwyer

Looks good! Is there any purpose to run the fork cans or is it no big deal to go without?

bigflip

A little updated pic...decided to run the fork tins, but without a fender for now. Think the front tins help clean up the look of the front a bit

bigflip

Well was getting a little bored with my bike's original paint job so decided to freshen it up a bit! Just got it back together last weekend and took it for a solid shake down run last night! Pretty dang happy with how it turned out!

yngredliner

awesome bike I must say im stealing ideas. what kit did you use to put the baggers on and front end on. ?
I have a 2000 roadstar . IMG_4603.jpgIMG_4603.jpgIMG_4603.jpg