Amplifier (Fairing Mounted) Opinions...

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

bynum

Looking for an amp that will fit above the deck. Batwing fairing.
Seems like people either love or hate the ARC stuff. Really more than i'd like to spend anyway.
Found a JL Audio XD400/4 on sale for $280. Seems like a good deal on an amp that most people are pleased with.
I've heard bad things about the Fosgate PBR 300x4 overheating. Saw one on eBay for $170

Is there a better option i've overlooked? I'd like stay in the under $300 price range if possible.
I'd rather mount it in the fairing & not loose any more space in the bags.

Opinions? Advice?...

Wanna Ride

That's the amp I'm installing on my '08 Street Glide today. Everyone talks very highly of it. I'm sure you're aware of it, but I'll caution you about buying this kind of stuff on e-bay. I'd stick with the approved vendors here on the site. They take good care of us, and provide after-the-sale-support, I got mine from Cisco at Nautical Customs.

bradwulf20

arc has my vote thats what i am running. like wannaride said DONT BUY ELECTRONICS OFF EBAY!!! there is no warranty or after the sale service. electronics will fail. some right away, some not for a very long time. just remember ebay vendors dont care about their customers. the vendors on this site are all passionate about what they do. its not all about the money, its about happy customers. just my opinion and experience.

Rozkopeeko

Brova these are excellent if ya not trying to through a block party and for sale!!!! 300 bucks shipped to yaimage.jpg
They fit in fairing along with the sat and iPod modules nooooo prob

bradwulf20

you have to bend the vertical fairing stay brackets that hold the radio so they are straight up rather than angled and cut the bottom of the gauge cups for your speedo and tach. note: this only works on bikes that have an 06 or newer stock harley radio or aftermarket radio. older than 06 the radio is alot taller and will not allow enough room.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Better amp. Jl xd 400. Don't have to cut or bend anything.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349647598697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349647598697.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 309

elim9

I was putting together the same setup today and I had a hard time getting the outter fairing to fit. Any tips?

Last edited:

elim9

It's the stock radio. I'll have to look at it again tomorrow. I took a little off the speedo and tach bracket, folded down the angle bracket on top of the radio and that helped a little.

Wanna Ride

bynum

I haven't even thought about the difference in room i have until looking at that pic...
My bike is a '02 Electra Standard, so it has the glove box thing with an adapter and an aftermarket deck.
So i guess my amp would be mounted a little higher up being on top of the plastic box instead of the deck.

Wonder if i can still stuff the JL in there?...

Last edited:

Latest posts