amp and speaker suggestions

Stone King

that setup will sound good when in parking lot, but you will hear nothing in rear while riding. if you put a set of those 6x9 in lids you would be much happier. Inside the bag is just for bass and midd. but u wont here it riding. do leg warmers or lids u need more speakers facing u.
Yeah I plan to do the lids and 2 in the bag facing the front of the bags. Then later some leg warmers later to run 8 hertz speakers all together

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Now that is a nice set up, clear and loud!!!
8 HERTZ SPEAKERS, THAT WILL BE LOUDDD!!! instead of 6x9 inside of bags try putting hertz spl 8" midbass drivers in bags. you will never go back to 6x9 in side bag. THEY HIT HARD AND CRISP, AND PLAY VOCALS TOO. THERE MADE FOR SPL

bradwulf20

8 HERTZ SPEAKERS, THAT WILL BE LOUDDD!!! instead of 6x9 inside of bags try putting hertz spl 8" midbass drivers in bags. you will never go back to 6x9 in side bag. THEY HIT HARD AND CRISP, AND PLAY VOCALS TOO. THERE MADE FOR SPL
we did a 06 street glide added lowers and put fairing factory lids on the bags that hold a pair of 6.5" speakers in each lid for a total of 8-6.5" focal speakers and it is awesome. we set the decible meter on the seat and were hitting 120 db without a problem. loud and crystal clear. then you would not have to hack your bags and lose bag space.

Stone King

Will look into that thanks brother

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
we did a 06 street glide added lowers and put fairing factory lids on the bags that hold a pair of 6.5" speakers in each lid for a total of 8-6.5" focal speakers and it is awesome. we set the decible meter on the seat and were hitting 120 db without a problem. loud and crystal clear. then you would not have to hack your bags and lose bag space.
6.5 coaxials are not gonna play the same notes as a mid driver though.

bradwulf20

But really how much bass can you hear at 80mph. You are going to hear more of the mis and highs. Plus the focal speakers are amazing

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
I agree there just for show's and parking lot. anything in the rear is gonna be hard to here going 80mph. thats why the fronts are most important. i just thing those fairing factory lids look cheap!! like those fiberglass lids on ebay. I have used all the lids, I think the yaffe lids, or cycle sounds are the best setup. there out of the way and very clean

bruce bruce

Site Supporter
Are you running the 8" free air or in an enclosure. I worry about the bags vibrating and rattling with a sub.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Are you running the 8" free air or in an enclosure. I worry about the bags vibrating and rattling with a sub.
i run them free air. thery are not subwoofers. they are mid bass drivers. they play vocals and mid's, they are not played on low pass, we play them on full range.. they don't rattle at all...

ASAP

That's the setup that I have but I use B&C mid bass and 4 Boston Acoustics in the face. Pics in the album. The shit beats.....

soundzinstall

I have been running my Focal's full range and playing midbass in stock locations plus lids down to 50-60hz has been absolutely flawless and easily replaces the idea to cut up bags and take up useable space for those 1000+ mile rides. It all depends on what the individual rider is after. For all the Road Glide guys that like to cut as many speakers into the inner fairing as possible, keep your eyes out on the NEW Illusion Audio speakers. Slim designs and from what I am getting for feedback, easily better pricing, output and SQ than the Hertz speakers, and might even compete with the longevity and SQ of the Focal drivers.

Latest posts