Air tank

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BIG TIME BAGGER

Is anyone using an air tank for front and rear air ride. Im looking for something to fit in the saddle bag.

smokenjoep01

I am. Or will be. I have done this on a VRod airride. Sealing the swingarm and using that as my airtank. I also sealed the swingarm on vrod dragbike and use that air for my shifter because I already have a nitrous bottle to deal with on that bike.
On the touring models, the front section of the swingarm looks to be easy enough to seal off and get some fitting mounted on it. And it also looks to be able to have enough area to hold enough volume of air to inflate both the front and rear system instantaniously with one button/compressor.

Big time, not sure you have FaceBook... David Covington is mocking one right now on a 30" build he is doing. He is putting th tank and compressor under the left side saddlebag... looks pretty trick.

thecort

Hey G just realized you don't have a crash bar. A buddy of mine used his as a tank. He put the shrader valve on the bottom inside mount of the bar.

Tap it!

BIG TIME BAGGER

Thanks DA ive seen that video. It's kinda what got me thinking about a tank. I'm wanting to make one that will fit in the extended part of the bag maybe on both sides. I love how quick that bike is up and down

ddavis

I have air in front and rear with a compressor for each. I am wanting to add a tank to reduce the air up time. Can someone draw up a diagram of how that would be plumbed?

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
For a car, not for my bike yet. If you can weld you can do it, 120psi in the plastic line should give you a good idea that it's not much pressure on small sized items.

1 cubic foot contains 7.8 gallons.
1728ci/7.8gallons=221ci per gallon.

Crash bar is maybe 1in id by 6 feet??
Pie d times 72" so 3.14....... times 72= 226ci so a crash bar might do it..if theres 72" by 1" id

Latest posts