Air shocks for the rear opinions

BigLew

so here is the issue. I currently have a DIY kit with instant up tank, compressor relays and switches, also the monroes. These shocks are not working out for me. I very rarely ever drop it on the tire and it has stock bags with a drop seat kit. But I do like the twisties and ride 2 up quite a bit. looking for a performance air shock that can set height and pressure but control rebound so it doesn't bottom out. But I really am trying to avoid trashing everything I have and spending 1800 for the top of the line air shock system. When I pump the current system up its like riding a hard tail and neither one of us is happy about that. Any suggestions? Hope I made this clear any way to raise the height and still get a touring ride?

BigLew

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
It’d be awesome if there was a product like that..

The best ride I’ve had is legends or arnott. They’re both fluid dampend with a good heave bellows.

You can use your exhausting components along with either of these shocks.

Cool and comfort are hard to put in the same sentence..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mean green

Site Supporter
I have AirFX from on the rear. You can set ride height on the fly. I adjusted the rebound/stiffness by adjusting the air pressure (small hand held pump) with a valve on the bottom side of the shock. I'm a little bit lighter than they average rider so I always felt other shocks were too stiff for my comfort. AirFX has been great for me.

oldnslow98

Site Supporter
I have the monroes and use a rear drop bracket and it seems to help it ride not so rough, you do have to watch tire clearance when using the brackets though.

BigLew

It’d be awesome if there was a product like that..

The best ride I’ve had is legends or arnott. They’re both fluid dampend with a good heave bellows.

You can use your exhausting components along with either of these shocks.

Cool and comfort are hard to put in the same sentence..

So Marc and Mean Green I have been unable to buy the Legends or Arrnots shocks unless I buy there entire system, which is very expensive. Where can I buy just the shocks??

BigLew

Marc

I have AirFX from on the rear. You can set ride height on the fly. I adjusted the rebound/stiffness by adjusting the air pressure (small hand held pump) with a valve on the bottom side of the shock. I'm a little bit lighter than they average rider so I always felt other shocks were too stiff for my comfort. AirFX has been great for me.
They will bounce due to the lack of fluid for dampening. Long time advocate of those but have found air over air is like a ball..

Lighter people won’t realize it as much. But in the biker world we are few and far ..

Marc

Lol. It’s true. Just throw the ball harder at the wall and watch it rebound more the harder you throw it. Then do the same thing by throwing the ball into a body of water. No bounce

Wanna Ride

Lol. It’s true. Just throw the ball harder at the wall and watch it rebound more the harder you throw it. Then do the same thing by throwing the ball into a body of water. No bounce
Not doubting you at all. Just creating levity on the "lighter people" reference. A favorite southern comedian has a popular line... "just how big a ol' boy are you?". As you know, my answer... "big".
Yes, I've worked on a few shocks, adjusting compression and rebound, in my career. You know how big those shocks are, and how well they have to work. :cheers2:

Latest posts