Air ride help!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Before I get started with my question I want to give a huge thank you to Paul ( thecort) for coming to my house and helping me with my air ride set up, it was very nice of him to give up his time and ride an hr and a half to my house and he was a very down to earth and all around nice guy, with that said my problem is I have true duals on my bike with 4 inch rineharts slip ons and the are hitting the shock mount and axle bolt now I'm sure most are gonna say change the exhaust but is there any fix to this? Any info would be great thanks D:11 (2):

ddavis

So it hits only when you lower the bike? How bad does it hit? I know it may seem wrong, but I have seen guys use a pipe and a hammer to make a nice dent in the pipe to clear the shock bolt. It isn't noticeable behind the bags anyhow.

Dirt_Guy

How high to you have them when you ride? Mine hit on my mufflers (stock) if I air up all the way but I only ride with the shocks around half full.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
No it's all stock, u can see the mufflers are to fat, my buddy did it on his bike with no problems but he has thinner mufflers I think

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
No it hits when I air it up and I would have to bash the muffler in about and inch and a half to make it work, I would rather sell it then screw them up, can't even get about a quarter of it aired up before it hits

Bill

I used to own some shit!
How high to you have them when you ride? Mine hit on my mufflers (stock) if I air up all the way but I only ride with the shocks around half full.

Same situation with mine, they don't hit until the shock is extended over 13".

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

thecort

Before I get started with my question I want to give a huge thank you to Paul ( thecort) for coming to my house and helping me with my air ride set up, it was very nice of him to give up his time and ride an hr and a half to my house and he was a very down to earth and all around nice guy, with that said my problem is I have true duals on my bike with 4 inch rineharts slip ons and the are hitting the shock mount and axle bolt now I'm sure most are gonna say change the exhaust but is there any fix to this? Any info would be great thanks D:11 (2):

Hey Daryl, just got home. You're more than welcome I was happy to help. It was cool meeting up.

Unfortunately, I don't think swapping to 3.5" will help. Check out your buddies setup before anything. I'll let you know by tomorrow what I plan on doing with my pipes (I may be too drunk tonight to make a rational decision lol). I'll be at the Tiki bar in Pier Village over in Long Branch. All are invited to come hang!

Tap it!

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
100_2756.jpgheres a pic of how mucch they interfere, i dont think the smaller ones would even help just gonna sell them and change the whole setup

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
The reason they do this is cause you are going over a 13" shock... The monroes have more lift than stk shock or arnotts. Stk st glide shocks are 12" the monroe probalby extend to 14 or 15" filled.... Just dont fill up the shocks all the way and put a guage on it

Opunui

there is no need to fill all the way. 55psi is plenty. if you dont have an air gauge then take it up 1" past the writing and trial it.

BIG TIME BAGGER

Did u cut the inner bushing on the bottom of the shock mount. It has about 3/4 of an inch that sticks out and spaces the shock out