Air ride 101

ttowns63

Ok so i have air ride on my bagger and have a tank i want to hook uo but only have one inlet is there away i can do this turning thw one into 2 with a pressure check valve

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nomad

Site Supporter
Ok so i have air ride on my bagger and have a tank i want to hook uo but only have one inlet is there away i can do this turning thw one into 2 with a pressure check valve

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
You can stop at a Parker store or go to airedup.com to get whatever fittings you need to plumb in a pressure switch, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickBoy

Thinking bout selling a cpl of these. Making big changes after conversation with a cpl people. I don't have a price but just looking for who would be interested. My thoughts were to slim them down to 1.5" and use momentary switches bc that's what most ppl run. I'll include the switches bc I have to drill the holes by size of course. Now the only other thing is whether or not to include the electric center stand drilled hole or the 5/8 drilled hole for a push button for either compressor or whatever you want it for. I'll also include the push button if that's a keeper. So this is kind of a who would like 2 purchase 1 thing or just for me 2 have as a personal thing. Thanks for any info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
How much powder coAted black and a nice contrast cut would be for me??

FRANKTHETANK315

can someone tell me how this thread starts with him using 1/8 inch fittings when the shocks come with 5/32? also where do i buy just the 5/32 to 1/4 Y fitting?

FRANKTHETANK315

i dont want to call a company im not buying from . kind of a asshole move, doing the DIY setup. so maybe one of you 200 people plus that have done this can give me a answer since this is what the site is for.

Torch

Site Supporter
can someone tell me how this thread starts with him using 1/8 inch fittings when the shocks come with 5/32? also where do i buy just the 5/32 to 1/4 Y fitting?
All of the Monroe and Gabriel shocks I've used come with 1/8" plastic compression fitting that works great as is (I've also used the 1/8 ptc fitting on the Monroes). I just run everything at 1/8 for ease of use (routing and bends), commercial availability, and built in speed control (gives a nice smooth raise\lower rate that doesn't pop-up or drop fast and allows for minor adjustments of air pressure while riding to fine tune the ride). Most everything you need from http://www.airedup.com

FRANKTHETANK315

All of the Monroe and Gabriel shocks I've used come with 1/8" plastic compression fitting that works great as is (I've also used the 1/8 ptc fitting on the Monroes). I just run everything at 1/8 for ease of use (routing and bends), commercial availability, and built in speed control (gives a nice smooth raise\lower rate that doesn't pop-up or drop fast and allows for minor adjustments of air pressure while riding to fine tune the ride). Most everything you need from http://www.airedup.com
the stock monroe MA785 come with 5/32. i have 1/8 push lock fittings and its to small. i compared to my buddys air ride kit from ebay and his is also 5/32 but the kit came with a 5/32 to 1/4 tee. which i need. but i thought about pulling the factory fittings and installed a 1/8 male push lock fitting in shock

Torch

Site Supporter
the stock monroe MA785 come with 5/32. i have 1/8 push lock fittings and its to small. i compared to my buddys air ride kit from ebay and his is also 5/32 but the kit came with a 5/32 to 1/4 tee. which i need. but i thought about pulling the factory fittings and installed a 1/8 male push lock fitting in shock
Not arguing your info, but the 3 sets of Monroes I've used and a few sets from buddies bikes have been 1/8". Have used some with stock plastic compression fitting and changed some to 1/4" ptc using a 7/16-20 to 1/8 npt adapter from here and then a 1/8 npt to 1/4 ptc fitting.

FRANKTHETANK315

ive been a mechanic/painter for over 20 years . not a idiot. im telling you what i have and now just to prove point ill take pics this weekend,lol

capell2010

Thinking bout selling a cpl of these. Making big changes after conversation with a cpl people. I don't have a price but just looking for who would be interested. My thoughts were to slim them down to 1.5" and use momentary switches bc that's what most ppl run. I'll include the switches bc I have to drill the holes by size of course. Now the only other thing is whether or not to include the electric center stand drilled hole or the 5/8 drilled hole for a push button for either compressor or whatever you want it for. I'll also include the push button if that's a keeper. So this is kind of a who would like 2 purchase 1 thing or just for me 2 have as a personal thing. Thanks for any info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Are you still planning on making these to sell?? If so have you come up with a price??

drtumolo

I just took my 2016 streetglide out of winter storage today and I noticed the CVO saddlebag lock switch that I used to "air up" the rear cracked. I am not sure how this happened but does anyone sell just the switch cap or do I need to replace the entire switch assembly?

Overdrive

View attachment 70103View attachment 70104View attachment 70105

hi

can someone please advise where to mount my compressor
electra glide 2002

thanks
Horizontally above the fuse box, mount the Omega bracket that comes with the Viair compressor to the metal battery box. You will have to drill a new hole for the bolts so be sure the battery is out of the bike. The top of the compressor will have to be angled up for you to fit the side panel back on.

Latest posts