Air Intake

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

I have seen some bikes with the pointed intakes on the right side of the bike. Who sell those and is there a draw back to having that pointed air filter interfering with your leg vs the flat ones....
Thanks

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I don't think u will get the performance from those pointy ones I went with an s&s tuned induction and the power increase was incredible here's a pic of what I went with. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348799372.852218.jpg

Ride it like you stole it!

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I have the S&S intake with the D&M Spikes. The smaller filter and covers probably restrict the air flow a bit but I built my bike for crusin, not speed... for now.

Warning: You're probably gonna chit a brick when you see how much they cost...

D&MSpikes.jpg

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I'd imaging they would inhibit the motor a bit. When they were tuning mine they pulled the dust cover off mine on the last run, the run prior to doing that was about .5 HP & 1 ft. lb of torque less. And that's just that thin ass cover.
here's the dyno sheet doing it.

Last edited:

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
ive been looking at selling my heavy breather too. but then i cant see spending 800-1,000 on fucking air cleaner parts.... D&M is crazy

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
ive been looking at selling my heavy breather too. but then i cant see spending 800-1,000 on fucking air cleaner parts.... D&M is crazy

Yep, I paid more that intake and cones than I did for my first car ('72 nova). My papypal account should be hooked to a breathalyzer...

lumper

The S&S dual spikes claim to be their best in performance, I agree it is probably a little more restrictive over the cones.

The cones are $525 for the dual, the spikes are 1400$ for the dual, lol.
Pretty steep.
I just followed your link and they are a lot less, 800 and up but I just noticed those are for metric conversions.
These go up to 1600 lol.

I want to do the dual spikes on one side and then get two spikes and customize an air horn to use them on the left side, so from the front you have 4 spikes pointing forward.

Yardsale I was looking for that set up the other day, glad you posted a pic, so do you know if they are available in black or only chrome?

Lump

Last edited:

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Yardsale I was looking for that set up the other day, glad you posted a pic, so do you know if they are available in black or only chrome? Lump

D&M has about every finish you can imagine. Here's some of the color options http://www.dmcustomcycle.com/product_list/The%20Spear?currentpage=1

Regarding your question about the intake being in the way, it's pretty far forward on my bike so my leg rarely touches it. I did however poke-out an eyeball while I was cleaning bugs off the forks...

lumper

I did however poke-out an eyeball while I was cleaning bugs off the forks...

My last bike a 99 Kawi Drifter looked like a 40's Indian.
Anyway I "spiked" it out as a theme before I blacked it out and sold it.
More than once I hurt myself squeezing around it in the garage.

I hadnt thought of the leg clearance thing, I am just thinking of a theme for this Haley I just bought and I am planning on modding for fun.
The spikes are perfect and two on each side would be a great look for what I am planning, even if one side is intake and the other horns.
If I can get the rear end I want which is not known yet, they will go together very well and add a level of detail to a cool theme.

Lump

drummerboy301

Site Supporter
I have the S&S dual runner setup as well and it is a mmajor performance increase. Also looks bad ass, but I started looking at the D&M cones to replace my filters, and did crap when I saw what they wanted for just cones and adapters.... Wow! Money flows freely around this forum....