Aim clutch

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FSTBGR

I have one of those aim centrifigal clutches.....pushin 115hp.....feels week to me of the line.....i feel like im feathering a two stroke dirt bike....i dont care how hard the pull is...i want performance...when I let it out I want to grab and rip......is it me or the clutch? I feel its the clutch.....fuck maybe its my 660 cams

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

smokenjoep01

I had great sucess with AIM clutch actuators. The lever pull is light. Always used stock HD plates and fibers. Is is slipping, pulling when the clutch lever is in, hard to find N?

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Im jumpin in on this!!!!! lol
Im with Joe, I run the AIM with a 30lb SE spring and stock fibers...I am stripping belts and busting trannys (haha I said trannys) with that bein said you know I'm gonna go with its prob not the clutch!!
unless in fact something is not right.

I had great sucess with AIM clutch actuators. The lever pull is light. Always used stock HD plates and fibers. Is is slipping, pulling when the clutch lever is in, hard to find N?

Mine holds my 124ftlbs pretty well also... I have Barnett disks and the SE spring (which i want to change back to stock). I have always thought they gave me the edge against a buddy that had a similar 95" kit like mine... whenever we got squirrely (never, lol) I would get the jump and hold him off alllll the way up to 55mph!

FSTBGR

I was in afghanistan and my boy who owns a shop built it. Im almost positive its got stock components other than the aim.......i love the clutch when im riding it, just leavin the stop lights seems like it takes too long to get going....hard to explain I guess.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Sure its not a little fear in the fingers...lol jk! i know if i leave to hard that bitch burns until i let off! But on the real side some people like the little slip u get in a stock set-up maybe u just need to get used to it..it took me a while bro

I was in afghanistan and my boy who owns a shop built it. Im almost positive its got stock components other than the aim.......i love the clutch when im riding it, just leavin the stop lights seems like it takes too long to get going....hard to explain I guess.

HighLiner

One of THE 150!
Mine holds my 124ftlbs pretty well also... I have Barnett disks and the SE spring (which i want to change back to stock). I have always thought they gave me the edge against a buddy that had a similar 95" kit like mine... whenever we got squirrely (never, lol) I would get the jump and hold him off alllll the way up to 55mph!

55 huh?

FSTBGR

No I dont care if the pull is hard...i like it to let go quick and feel solid...might have to get a new scorpion clutch in sturgis.....somethin...any thoughts

vrog

One of THE 150!
No I dont care if the pull is hard...i like it to let go quick and feel solid...might have to get a new scorpion clutch in sturgis.....somethin...any thoughts

Scorpion Clutch is good once you get the springs and lever pull where its comfortable. Not sure what you are making for power but if I could recomend anything to you it would be to buy Barnetts clutch basket as well. The stock clutch basket does not hold up to any type of power, dont ask how I found this out......................

vrog

One of THE 150!
Good Luck, did you have the stock basket? Might want to look into that. Mine broke and tore up the stator and rotor. made a big mess. Not a happy day, I left the bike in a parking lot for 2.5hrs unattended, rode home bitch to grab my truck and trailer. I was not in that great of a mood last Sunday afternoon

whoa, whoa, whoa... you rode bitch? that breaks mancode in many ways... should have sat there for hours to wait for someone to come get ya with a trailer... ask me how I know that! FasBagger, what motor you got on yours? 120hp sounds like a great number to me!
Good Luck, did you have the stock basket? Might want to look into that. Mine broke and tore up the stator and rotor. made a big mess. Not a happy day, I left the bike in a parking lot for 2.5hrs unattended, rode home bitch to grab my truck and trailer. I was not in that great of a mood last Sunday afternoon

FSTBGR

107 stage 4 set up with thunderheader...hpi 58mm TB...SERT...pulled 115 out of it before with SE TB and pcv

vrog

One of THE 150!
Lol yeah I had to do it lol. I was so pissed I was hoping the bike was gone when I got back.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Zach

Site Supporter
FST - Are you running the full AIM CF2 clutch kit, or just a VPC on top of a stock clutch? They both use pressure plates with weights that increase clamp force as centrifugal force increases. Just want to understand what your running.

I've got the VPC 92T on my stock clutch pack with a SE spring and it's holding my 114/120. Barnett is definitely the shit. If you've got the scratch I'd go for it.

Zach

FSTBGR

Its not the whole clucth...ill just burn this one out and get the whole thing next time

Bill

I used to own some shit!
107 stage 4 set up with thunderheader...hpi 58mm TB...SERT...pulled 115 out of it before with SE TB and pcv

On the stock crank?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts