ABS on 07 Road King Police

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Rob Ruthven

Picked up a 07 Road King Police with ABS, and I want to put put on extended bags, has anyone removed it? what is involved? currently waiting for service manual to come in.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Are you wanting to delete the ABS?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Yes, I want to remove the ABS, as it sits on top of the bag support on the right side.

I believe its just a matter of removing the module and lines and replacing them with a non-ABS set.

When you change wheels you can delete the ABS bearings as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

crutter

Site Supporter
Is there any room in your side panels to relocate the module to there? I know that means all new lines and a little wiring but you get to keep your abs if you must have it

jetlag

Nomad
I pulled the ABS system off my 07 RK Police. I never was all that happy with the way it worked, and losing half the right side saddlebag to the abs pump pretty much sealed the deal. Once I removed the pump, I was able to switch to a Street Glide style saddlebag support bracket, and swapped the cop bags for civilian bags. I just cut all the old brake lines off (to save time), then removed the pump and then re-plumbed stock style brake lines from the master cylinders to the calipers. Tuck the sub harness up behind the battery box. If you keep the police tach, your abs malfunction light will be illuminated. When I did this, I also converted the front brakes over to the newer Brembo system, so I changed out the front master cylinder, and calipers at the same time, but I could have just installed a different brake line and kept the existing brakes. I hung onto the pump and front brake calipers, thinking I might want to put the system back on if I ever re-sell the bike, but the further I go down to modification road, the more unlikely that prospect becomes.