???????? About Raked Fairings

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
O.K. Guys. When you go with a raked fairing, how much modifying do you have to do to the inner to make it work Do they come with instructions or is this just another one of those "CUSTOM" pieces you have to make work. I've been saying that I wish I was doing this to my Road King versus the street glide. Seems as though it would be so much easier without everything in the inner fairing. Any close up SG pics or secrets of this would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
The inner stays in the same plain relative to the fork tubes, only the outer is modified above the headlight area.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
This is spin off from my original post. I'm really struggling with this 26/raked frame issue vs the 21 and all the other parts I've bought. Plus I hate to invest 800.00 in a raked fairing just for R&D. Can someone give me a complete rundown of what I will have to have. I have seen some post with different builds but not sure of a "here is everything you will have to do". I start with what I know.

Raked Neck

Raked Trees

26 Wheel and rotor/rotors

Raked fairing

Fork Extensions or new forks??

I'm sure there is more so please feel free to help by adding anything I've left out. Trying to get a budget figure before I start. I think the neck kit and its installation will be the easiest.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
No need for new tubes or extensions unless your stuck on having the stock amount of travel un the front.

I would add:

-Travel limiters from NCB
-Front Fender
-Fender Spacers

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
The inner stays in the same plain relative to the fork tubes, only the outer is modified above the headlight area.

Has anyone seen a 21 front/slammed rear with a raked fairing????

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
Not many people, if any rake the front with a 21. You could be one of the first! Lol. I'm sure it's been done though. I'd love to see it.

Tap it!

I'm refering to stock frame/raked fairing with a 21 and lowered front and slammed rear. I think it would be close to the same look as a 26 "WITHOUT" extended neck. Still raked but not extended that much.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I'm sending mine out tomorrow to them. I have bit the dust after seeing this site and my buddies bike today. I'm hooked and buying a 26 tomorrow.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I wasn't sure but after seeing my buddies today it was all over. There are only two here in town. Gunna be one mo before too long. I need advice on which rake kit to go with. I dont want the extended neck look. Like to keep it as close to tank as possible, By looking at Camtech's I think its the look I'm going after. BTW his is a 120 and sounded like a fofiddyfo. Can vidoes be posted on this site? Took one of his.

Latest posts