A Classi Makeover on my Classic

Zach

Site Supporter
Good deal. I pretty much knew you would have had it covered. You don't pull of what you have here only to be stumped by some tire tread. LOL.

Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClassiCutCustoms

Site Supporter
Zach, here's a close up to make sure you feel comfortable with my calculations!! Lol Yes this is aired out sitting on the frame.

Zach

Site Supporter
It's a death trap. Go back to stock. LOL.

Zach

ClassiCutCustoms

Site Supporter
I looked at a bunch of different ones out there...... Some looked safe and some didn't! The removable rear sub adds some options but I settled on something similar to Marc and his last few builds. I ordered some hard SS rod and thick tubing from McMaster and made this....

Here's the outside. If the placement is perfect you can weld a plate to the frame to adjust the final resting place.

This is the action side...

Badboy808

Site Supporter
lockout

itchy look on youtube. here is the link i think this is a good one.I wanted to make something like this but can't see it close enough lol.[video=youtube;iy2U4v7YJVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2U4v7YJVM[/video]

ClassiCutCustoms

Site Supporter
I still am missing some parts but I am excited that she's rideable again.. Last time out was Aug 18 to Dr Chops compound and she is riding great. New shocks feel much softer than before and nothing like the feeling of parking on the ground!!!! Tickled to death

Zach

Site Supporter
That looks great. Congrats man.

Zach

ClassiCutCustoms

Site Supporter
I am doing a shock rebuild and getting some fresh seals from Marc after mine wore out and started leaking. I decided to do a little mod and see if I could get a little bit more travel up front and add some down stops inside to make bumps a little less harsh.

I made up some spacers on the lathe and got some M8 socket head bolts that were a tad longer. Maybe now I won't hit the downstops so hard on pot holes and feel that bang in the bars.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Latest posts