95 ace 1100

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

trav0302

Here we go hold on!

Lets get the story straight here. She's a 1995 American Classic Edition (A.C.E.) 1100cc

Great! Now lets have some fun! :party:

1 1/2" Drag bars check

vance & hines pipes check!

Now this wasn't my fist plan at all. But I can't pass up a killer deal and as some of you know it's alots easier to do fiberglass work on a already done piece. So I couldn't pass this up. I really like the lines in it and the older feel to it. Plus I knew it would sit really low just like i'm looking for. So on to the pic of what I bought.

I didn't know if anyone would remember or not but yes its an old Wixom batwing fairing.

So of coarse i'm no were close to putting it on as the way it sits, its kinda boring. Not to mention I got a few ideas that are out of the box on this one.
But I put it up on my bike and took a few pics just to give ya an idea of how low it sits and kinda just a general plan.

Overall it will need the top holes filled or completelly off then I would glass in a sheild. Looks like sides also need work to fit inner etc. Haven't quite dicided what to do with those turn siginal holes yet. But over all looks like alot of fun!

Oh and if you were woundering I found the fairing on ebay and picked it up for $90 to my door!

This pic turned out great you can see what I will have to great rid of to get it to suck up in there. Looks to me that the it will need to be pulled in another 1" maybe 2" but it's really hard to tell with the headlight.

Last edited:

trav0302

not much to speak of. been worken like mad for the holidays. i do have some newish or new to me you could say parts. lets start off with some 12" air shocks then i was able to score a set of lower harley fairings for under a $100. but other then that i have located 3 companies that sell trees in 5 and 7 degree rack but still need to find someone to do my neck. i have also almost talked myself into just relacing my wheel. so i dont have to use any crossover/hd parts. there are a few companies out there to help with this. if i go this way i can use my stock hub relacaced with my choice of wheel 18" 21" 26" . so thats were im at for my update. more researce then work at this point.

trav0302

update

looks like a freakin chopper! LOL
Started pulling wires and had a bolt or two PO had snaped off needed to be fixed.

mock up pix

up next need to fab up some saddlebag brackets as well as get back to the fairing top mold for fiber glass so much to do before summer!

trav0302

Finally got some time to work on my lady again and figured out my mounting for my fairing.

Here is how the bottom will be held with headlight.

Side view of my mounts. I used square tubing on a Memphis quick release mounting system with some steel angle brackets and some steel pieces that had to be heated and bent. Everything still needs to be painted and lined up of coarse as well as some new bolts since these were just laying around and don't fit quite right but I figured I show some pics before I start on inner fairing.

I made it so almost all my bolts were adjustable because I knew with the inner fairing going in I would need to mess with it again and again.

Well if nothing else I hope this gave ya some ideas.

Latest posts