30" SG Black and White Build

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Thanks guys. My fiancé is ON the bike. The photographer was at our place for our wedding boudoir photoshoot and my fiancé wanted photos on the bike. How could I argue hahah.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Well, Untamed took her maiden voyage this morning! I got off work at 2am and came home to finish up some minor things like wiring my taillights and bleeding my rear brake. As you all know, it always takes twice as long as you were expecting so I finished the bike up at 6 this morning and decided that I was finally going to ride it. I rode it to the gas station which is about a mile away. During the 1 mile ride, I think about 10 construction workers snapped their necks trying to get a look at the bike. That's always a good feeling to see people interested in something that you built.

Attachments

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Hahaha that chair is actually my fiances and she had no input on the idea. It was all my idea. I just kept seeing white bikes with black accents so I wanted to flip the script and try something new

Rappy60guy

Great thread. After reading i have a few questions. What is a fairing lift ?? I have a 26 inch wheel and a short neck kit and theres no way the fender will work. It hits the headlight area now laid out in the front.. Do i need to cut mine up too ?

ClassiCutCustoms

Site Supporter
Short answer...... There are two different things here. The Headlight needs to be tilted forward towards the ground to make up for the neck rake. The second thing is the Headlight bucket is raised /lifted up around 2" to make room below for the fender and tire. The after market replacement fairings often do both mods to improve both fit and performance.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Great thread. After reading i have a few questions. What is a fairing lift ?? I have a 26 inch wheel and a short neck kit and theres no way the fender will work. It hits the headlight area now laid out in the front.. Do i need to cut mine up too ?
I have no clue what the actual lift ended up being. I completely cut off the headlight and put it where I wanted it when it was aired out and then refiberglassed it back together

blkgem

Well its almost crunch time. I should start getting my paint back next week so this last week or so I have been wrapping up my air ride and handlebars. I started out by wiring up my dirty bird relay controller. I mounted it underneath the cross brace in the sub frame. After you trim the tabs on it, it slides right into place and tucks right up in there. I also got my VU2 mounted in the side cover and plumbed my lines for that.

I have been also working on my bars. My handlebars are from Torch Industries that were supposed to take 2 weeks to get and they took over 3 months to receive. Not only that, they never asked me on the phone if it was going to be a hydraulic clutch or cable clutch so when I went to pick them up, they werent dimpled for my hydraulic clutch so they had to redo them. ANDDD they are so wide on the bottom of the bars that I had to cut into my inner fairing and fiberglass cutouts around the bars. As much as I love the look of these bars, I dont think I will ever deal with them again just for the hassle that these have cost me. Either way, they are now wired up, all internal, and look killer. The only reason I went with these guys is because they are local and they made the bars to my dimensions and they also offer 1.5" tubing so they look super beefy. But, they are on and its starting to look like a bike again!

And NO, you can't have my zebra chair haha
question what doe the second (small harness_) on your air ride controller go too?

Latest posts