26" first ride

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Aaugman

So my bike is all back together with the new 26" and it feels WEIRD the front is super heavy and the first turn I took I thought I was going to dump the bike. Is this usual ? or could it be because of my front end ? i saw a post a few weeks ago about the gyro effect and I feel it ALOT, the bike wants to stay straight up the whole time and then when it does go over it seems to DROP to the side.

Its definitively weird and may take some getting use to

Aaugman

Hmm, that would SUCK! How do I measure ? Straight line from the neck and straight line from the tubes and it's the distance between them ?

Aaugman

I'll have to measure tomorrow to be sure, of it had no raked neck or trees, whatraked trees do I need ? Or will that depend on the length of the tubes ? Although if the trail is higher than the 6... Then I can't use raked trees because that would just increase it right ? I'd have to decrease the angle of the neck to lower the trail number...obviously an oversight on my part... Maybe I'll just put the 21 back on. I really don't want to cut the neck off...

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
My buddy had just trees with 26" on his softtail and didn't ride right till he pie cut neck and raked neck then rode perfect

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I hope I am wrong but did you just put the 26" on without any rake or trees? Is there a reason why you thought this would be ok?

BCRK

Site Supporter

Aaugman

I'm probably going to get blasted which I guess i deserve...1.-The tire was flat..

2 I didn't think putting the wheel set on would be a huge deal because I lowered the bike 2" and having this wheel raised it up 2.5 so its only .5 higher I guess that .5 is what my trail would be off

I checked the trail as best I could.

So I measured as best I could with the time I had, I don't have an exact way of getting a straight from the neck to the ground because a straight edge his the trees and then the caliper. So what I did was ran a straight line down the tube, The tree's are 0 degree so i measured from the center of the tube to the center of the neck. the distance on the ground was 9.25 and then subtracted the distance from the tube to the neck which was 2.375 which gives me 6.875..

What do you guys think ?

Latest posts