26" fender opinions

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

sutsut70

Site Supporter
Thats why I'm asking everyone's opinions. I dont know which I want to do. Dont know too many guys around me that have done a 26". So I figured I would go to the source and ask on here. Just want to hear what people think about each so I can figure out which way to go.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Which style do you like the looks of better? FL or wrap?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

crutter

Site Supporter
Sut please don't think that we are being difficult and don't want to help. Helping is wht this place is all about. It is just that there are 50 different fenders out there and they are all pricey. Me personally I don't like the wrap fender as I think it makes the bike look like an OCC chopper. Not a huge fan of the big fl style fendErs as I feel they are to boxy and cover up to much of the wheel that I just bought. I went with the glendyne hybrid fender as it is the best of both worlds. And another bonus is that it is 12 gauge steel. Check out all of the popular manufactures to see what look you like. Don't look at their catalog but at their completed bikes. Also pick up some motorcycle mags for ideas. And use caution around this site. It gets EXPENSIVE!!!,!

sutsut70

Site Supporter
Bill.....I like the FL but prefer the way the wrap shows off the wheel more.

Crutter... I didnt mean to sound ill or anything. I appreciate all the help from everyone. I agree with you. I'm not sure of the way the FL covers up the wheel that I just spent big money on. I will check out that glenndyne fender. I know all too well what you said about the site. I had planned on doing the 26 next winter but,with this site, I couldnt resist any longer. Thanks for the help homie.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I think the Glenndyne Hybrid and the FatKatz wrap fender are both quality pieces.

Stick with a well known brand and metal if you can get it in the style you like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
I personally think that Glenndyne fender is the coolest looking piece I have seen in a long time.

Zach

smokenjoep01

Like the guys are saying there is no functional difference in styles. Biggest difference being fiberglass or steel. I prefer fiberglass for the weight savings. Fiberglass holds up surprisingly well. I used one for well over 50k miles on my old bagger. If you get a chance lift a fiberglass and a metal 26" fender. And see for yourself the substantial weight difference. And a bonus is the fiberglass is cheaper.

Latest posts