26" Electra glide HELP!!!

djodrey

Hey guys,
I haven't posted on this build before because I'm not the original builder. I have been trying to straighten this bike out for a cousin, he got took pretty bad on this one. Any how here is my problem, the fairing is rubing on the tank where the ignition is. This bike has been cut and has smt machining trees. I'm not sure why there are clearence problems with this as I am mounting the fairing to the trees like stock and I understand there is more angle, do I need to add a bracket or what gives?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Toxtreme

Slot the holes in the gas tank and move it back enough to clear. Not many guys use that neck kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djodrey

Thanks Toxtreme, This bike has been a headache he bought it because of the big wheel and obviously overlooked everything else.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
You can also buy a dirty bird cap and move the ignition switch to the 12v cigerette lighter hole. they make a standard and a short version. Downside is you loose your switches on the cap and igntion switch.

Jforsyth1288

has anyone ever experienced the cover that your talking about I'm having problems with it lining up to bolt it back together its like its hitting on the ignition switch and bows down to bolt together on each side

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
has anyone ever experienced the cover that your talking about I'm having problems with it lining up to bolt it back together its like its hitting on the ignition switch and bows down to bolt together on each side
If your talking about my post, you don't use factory switch. dirty bird sell an ignition switch that fits in the cig lighter hole perfect.

ChrisRatchet

Honestly looks like neck was done wrong. Just my 2 cents. Now its just time to modify other things to make it work.

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
You can slot the top holes in the inner fairing at the trees to move it some.. the top blinker light holes.. can gain some unless you have 1.5" bars..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts