26 and riding aggressive

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

customglide

Can it be done? Are you still able to really lean into a corner with a26 and feel confident? What about with stretched bags with a proper setup suspension? Just looking for done real world honest experience before i spend thousands. Thanks

ddavis

If I'm not careful I will scrape the bottom of my stretched bags with my 26. If it is done right, it will handle great and IMO within the normal limitations of a stock bagger.

slothy

Balls
I've done deals gap and devils whip, did fine, but I want trying to drag knee either. Sounds like u need a bagger and a sport bike lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

customglide

. Sounds like u need a bagger and a sport bike lol.

Nah, just trying to get an honest opinion. I'm not really what i consider an aggressive rider. Just want to be 100% before i go permanent on something like this. It is a good amount of money and I'm by no means rich. BUT... If someone has a sport bike they want to let me borrow.....lol
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have spent many hundred miles in the mountains. Never drug the bags, but I do drag my center stand sometimes coming out of parking lots. "Because there is no gauge on my air ride right now..."

The sweet thing about rear air is you can run an inch or so higher when you hit the twisties. I also have a 200 tire which helps not drag the bags I believe.

Agressive short turns feel great. The only time I really know I am on a 26" is long sweeping turns 65 mph and higher. The gyro effect of the wheel requires a little more input from the rider.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

customglide

Thank you everyone for your input, i am excited to get going on it. Just have to wait for winter to start the process, so i apologize for any redundant questions between now and then. I will try to track my progress so i can start my build thread. Thanks again!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Can you explain this a little more? What is the feeling and what is the input?

The larger the wheel, the more it wants to keep rotating in the plane that it is in.

Like Slothy said:
-Hold a 10" bicycle wheel in your hands by the axle, now have someone spin it... You can tilt it left/right fairly easily...
-Now do the same thing with a 26" Bicycle wheel, once it's spinning it will take more force to tilt left/right.

This gyro effect would be greater the heavier the wheel, especially heavy on the outside of the rim.

It's not going to keep you from riding, like Slothy said "you get used to it."

Aaugman

Thats awesome that it has such a large gyro effect, I think it will help justify the cost because everytime u ride it you'll be aware of it, (good or bad...) at least U can feel a change. With my bike I love the fact that its probably 200lbs lighter than a Harley touring bike, in fact I'm going to take it to a truck stop and weight her. I'll be very interested to see how my does with a 26" !!