23" vs 26" Drivability

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

repsol69

Site Supporter
Is there a difference on long hauls with these set ups??? I want to go 26" but still want to go the long haul with my wife...am i losing the comfort going big??? thx, glen

slothy

Balls
only issue is if you get a leaky 26" still seems to be a hit or miss. but on my trips i always have a compress/tirekit with me. Ride-on tire sealant is suppose to help alot and help seal those leaky beads on the vee rubbers (greg @ Thomason-Performance sells it).

i did a 6k trip last year michigan to newfoundland and around on a 26" some pave some dirt and it handled it fine. The first and last days where 1k mile days no problem there either. Ishould be leaving at the end of this month on a 7kish trip.

23" is a better quality tire hands down.

found the original post..

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/667500-newfoundland-and-26-s-of-fun.html

repsol69

Site Supporter
Sounds good was just alittle worried..does anyone else make a 26" tire other than vee rubbers??
only issue is if you get a leaky 26" still seems to be a hit or miss. but on my trips i always have a compress/tirekit with me. Ride-on tire sealant is suppose to help alot and help seal those leaky beads on the vee rubbers (greg @ Thomason-Performance sells it).

i did a 6k trip last year michigan to newfoundland and around on a 26" some pave some dirt and it handled it fine. The first and last days where 1k mile days no problem there either. Ishould be leaving at the end of this month on a 7kish trip.

23" is a better quality tire hands down.

found the original post..

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/667500-newfoundland-and-26-s-of-fun.html

Bill

I used to own some shit!
2200 miles on my 26" in the last month or so...

And no... As of now VEE Rubber is your only option for a 26" tire.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2