23 or 26 with trees only?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

wtf6316

So I dont have the balls to cut the neck on my 2013 Road Glide when I get it. I want options and advise on a trees only wheel upgrade. I want a 26" because this site is a bad influence. And they just look bad ass. I will do air ride in the rear with a lowering kit also.

Lots have done a 23 with just trees.
I know from Suave that a 26 will work with just trees. But he is about the only one who has done it that way. I like the snub nose look on the Road Glide.
I dont want to do a 23 and wish I did a 26.
I plan on riding the bike a lot.
I know I can always cut the frame later.

Pickard USA is close to me and have a set of 9* trees for a 26 but on the site they suggest the neck kit also.
Trick Billet has a set of 9* and says they work fine with a 26 and no neck cutting. This is what Suave has.

HELP!!

DonJulio

I wouldn't do a 26 without cutting. I opted for the Pickard trees for my 23 and couldn't be happier. Either get the balls to chop it up, which is the right way or go with the 23. IMO. Good luck either way!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340538853.254722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340538876.012598.jpg

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I agree with DonJulio, that being said I have not ridden a tree only 26" bike.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

wtf6316

Your setup does look great. I like the no wobble guarantee with the Pickard trees also. What is your rear setup and wheel/tire size?

DonJulio

Your setup does look great. I like the no wobble guarantee with the Pickard trees also. What is your rear setup and wheel/tire size?

Not sure, what size the rear is, It matches the front, its bigger than stock with a lower profile tire. I got the whole thing from Pickard. Had it around 100mph the other day and I do believe it rides better than stock.

wtf6316

TNTCC

Site Supporter
The Pickard trees for 23" work as they said. No wobbles, handles great. If I'm doing a 26" I'm cutting the neck. Just my 2cents.IMAG0519.jpg

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
sorry, I thought you wanted more extension. I have the 23 on mine and it rides well without the wobble.

Last edited:

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
come by the shop and you can see the difference between our bolt on bagger tree set up and a cut and raked 26 set up. The trees for the 23 are bolt on and are designed from inception to be used without cutting your neck. It works on all touring bikes and doesn't require any additional trim kits, headlight rake kits, etc... It rides great and does not wobble. If you want a 26, you really need to cut the neck to have it ride SAFELY AND PROPERLY. The front end geometry is what dictates your bike's handling characteristic and your safety depends on that as well... If you are close to the shop, come by and check out both set ups. If you don't want to cut your neck, we can do that for you. I hope this helps you make your decision

wtf6316

come by the shop and you can see the difference between our bolt on bagger tree set up and a cut and raked 26 set up. The trees for the 23 are bolt on and are designed from inception to be used without cutting your neck. It works on all touring bikes and doesn't require any additional trim kits, headlight rake kits, etc... It rides great and does not wobble. If you want a 26, you really need to cut the neck to have it ride SAFELY AND PROPERLY. The front end geometry is what dictates your bike's handling characteristic and your safety depends on that as well... If you are close to the shop, come by and check out both set ups. If you don't want to cut your neck, we can do that for you. I hope this helps you make your decision

I have talked to some one on facebook a few times. I am in Weatherford and will be coming to the shop in Aug when I get home from Afghanistan. I am just trying to get as many parts lined up and bought so I dont have much down time from riding. Can you pm me a price for a neck cut and 26 trees installed. I want it like your tech article with the factory neck. I have seen trees advertised for 26's with no neck cutting. I dont like the stretched and raked out look on Road Glides. I want it to be tucked in as close as possible.

Thanks

Latest posts