21" wheel rubbing!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bare Knuckle Baggers

One of THE 150!
i put a 21 on a buddys 2012 street glide and it is rubbing the fender and causing caos. I took it back off drilled the rear holes out with a 3/8 drill bit and rocked it up and i still dont have the clearance i need. I also put aftermarket chrome lowers on it.. maybe the mounting points are off from factory. I have put a bunch of 21s on and never had one rub. Also the tire is a 120/70. just wondering if any of you guys have seen this and what did you do to correct it? does someone make a fender or adapters? This guy is really picky too!! I feel like an idiot because i have put 26s and 23s on without a problem..and this 21 is whooping my ass.lol.thanks guys!

Buggy

One of THE 150!
hog pro may have adapters,you did the enlarged holes already,try tapeing washers to the tire and see how much its rubbing by adding or removing them. just my 2 cents

Zach

Site Supporter
I had the same problem on mine. Ended up welding in some of Native Customs fender brackets. More work than a 21" should require, but it doesn't rub now.

I chalked it up to manufacturing tolerances.

Zach

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
Simple fix! Contact Tracecave customs with your measurements and I"ll bet he can make something to fix it. Better yet, Let me know how much you need and I have a set already made that just might work
yea i tried driling the holes.... really didnt want to mess the fender up if i didnt have to. thanks guys for your answers

T

Thomason Performance

I recommend to all my customers to drill out both front and rear holes to 1/2". This allows you to pull the fender up and back for clearance. In-house installs are performed the same way.

hellbent customs

Site Supporter
Been awhile since i did a 21 but drilling a half inch hole in front and rear mounting holes is the cleanest and easiest way to cure this problem....