2015 Road Glide with 23" wheel front suspension

BigChief

Greetings all
Just wanted to get a feel for the guys running the 23" wheel with triple trees only(HHI, Pickard, Tricky) did you do lowering springs and which ones or front air ride? Looking to starting ordering parts to convert mine to a 23 soon. Just wanted to know what's best on a 2015 RG front air or just lower the suspension with springs? And pros and cons advice and pictures greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""

You know I say HHI x-23..

I would just cut me a new fork spring spacer about 1" lower and run the rest stock.

You'll need to run a limiter which is supplied with the x-23 kit

4cfed

I second the x23 kit. Just did one a few months ago. Went with a progressive lowering kit with a heavy weight fork oil. Rides like a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Site Supporter
I run Tricky, didn't install the spacer they provide and added bump stops underneath the cans. It does bottom out when I leave my driveway but I can live with that. Marks pushing them HHI trees. Lol

wv_mtns

Site Supporter
I currently run tricky trees as well and their set up already lowers the front 1"

BigChief

Thanks all for all the information everybody. I really love the stance of your bike Killerwaxx. I am going to use the HHI X 23 setup but I guess lowering springs or cutting the springs is the way to go. I was thinking about front air ride but looks like not many people are running it. I assume the air ride is not as good as lowering springs...

Thanks all for all the information everybody. I really love the stance of your bike Killerwaxx. I am going to use the HHI X 23 setup but I guess lowering springs or cutting the springs is the way to go. I was thinking about front air ride but looks like not many people are running it. I assume the air ride is not as good as lowering springs...
We might be doing front air ride over the winter. I miss it from my last bike.

Marc

I work with these every day. The only time I see other trees is when I replace them with HHI.

Marc

Shorten this

Red

Site Supporter

Why are you having to replace them?

mattwayn

I know this is an old thread, but I'm just wondering, for those of you who have installed an x23 kit in a 2014+, how much clearance do you have in the front end? I put a progressive lowering kit in (1 inch) and now I've only got like 1.75" of space between the fender and lower fairing skirt. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but 1.75" is a lot less than my 2010 street glide, with a similar setup. Thanks!

Marc

Hard to lower 23 kits.. they're all 6*.

Torch

Site Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but I'm just wondering, for those of you who have installed an x23 kit in a 2014+, how much clearance do you have in the front end? I put a progressive lowering kit in (1 inch) and now I've only got like 1.75" of space between the fender and lower fairing skirt. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but 1.75" is a lot less than my 2010 street glide, with a similar setup. Thanks!
You could shape\cut the contour of the fender out of the apron to give you a little more clearance. Some guys including myself have done this to allow the front to lower more with front air ride. Also need to factor in whether you have a brake line distribution block mounted under the lower tree as well. In my case with a 23 and single sided brake, I have no brake line block mounted under there.

Marc

no gain on a straight tree. X23 or any other 6*

But yes on 26/30 short neck

Torch

Site Supporter
no gain on a straight tree. X23 or any other 6*

But yes on 26/30 short neck

I see what your saying on the X23 for clearance, can't really cut the apron to gain anything. I was able to notch my apron similar in size and shape to the one you pictured using the HD 7* Tree only.

Marc

Big Chiefs bike aired out..

Side note, fender will match.. lol..

Torch

Site Supporter
Big Chiefs bike aired out..

Side note, fender will match.. lol..

Wow, I see what you're saying. That's a beefy lower Tree! Mine looked similar to that with the BadDad FL (fiberglass) fender. It freed\opened up about 1/2" of space going to a steel wrap fender.

mattwayn

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts guys. I've been riding it for about a week now and it actually seems to handle the same as my 2010 with the lowering kit and 23. I haven't taken it on any long hauls yet though. I figure I'll leave it like this for now, and if it's really unbearable, I'll look at front air or putting the stock springs back in. Thanks again!

Latest posts