2015 RG Outlaw style

BigChief

Man, I need to chit chat with you at your earliest convenience. I know you are a busy man, but I have more question. As I am about to start buying parts? Like Voodoo lids and Hertz Amps and speakers..

OutlawBagger

Vendor
Man, I need to chit chat with you at your earliest convenience. I know you are a busy man, but I have more question. As I am about to start buying parts? Like Voodoo lids and Hertz Amps and speakers..
Let's chat Sunday. I still got your number. I'll call ya.

lawrencecarter30

Have the same idea but debating whether to go 23 or 26, what helped you decide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BigChief

Are you asking me or Outlaw about which wheel. What I can tell you if your not referring to me, is that the two of us have had both 23 and 26" wheel. As for me, I liked my 26" and it was nice, but after having one, its kind of been there did that. Since this is a new bike, I decided to just keep the build simple this time and a good neck kit and 23 will be suffice. With the 26 you no doubt want to cut neck.

Last edited:

lawrencecarter30

Although I like looks, ride and speed are my concern. I've seen some built-up systems on bikes but I don't know anybody to ask if they are safe riding at high speeds

OutlawBagger

Vendor

I got my 15 RG almost when they first came out. Not to many options as far as going bigger than 23". I loved my 26 but just wanted to do a 23" with long bags and fender. 23" ride great and no worries about speed. It's all in how you ride though. Everyone has a 26 or 30" so that was my decision lol.

BMM

Although I like looks, ride and speed are my concern. I've seen some built-up systems on bikes but I don't know anybody to ask if they are safe riding at high speeds

My 15 Road Glide is on a 26" with a 131" turbo putting out more than 200hp and I can sit I regularly sit on 90+ without any single issues. Sure, it doesnt corner like a sport bike but thats not why I have a bagger/Harley. There are so many different views on what size wheel is best and that is completely up to the individual (it´d be boring if we were all the same) but for me the 26" cruises super well and it suits my purposes. Plus I am too short to see over a RG windshield with a 30"!

Ferro

Site Supporter

A lot of guys do just trees for a 26 and 23's and have no problems at all. I have done them all trees and cut and rake. The only way I would every do a 23 or a 26 is a cut and rake. Not only does It look better It rides much better.

OutlawBagger

Vendor
A lot of guys do just trees for a 26 and 23's and have no problems at all. I have done them all trees and cut and rake. The only way I would every do a 23 or a 26 is a cut and rake. Not only does It look better It rides much better.
Cutting the neck is not needed for a 23". For a 26" and up yes cut the neck or do a bolt on kit from American Suspension or Kwel metal.

I'm not getting into this again lol.

1CoolZ71

I have had my 26" kewl metal kit bike at 140mph with no issues
Even done 120mph with the wife and smooth as glass!!

Latest posts