2013 RoadGlide pre build and build

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

wtf6316

Back story: I am Deployed in Afghanistan. I bought a 2013 Road Glide Custom in Vivid Black. I will be home mid August and thats when the bike is scheduled for delivery. I found this site a few weeks ago. Big mistake! But thanks for the site Bill! Now I spend my free time looking at bad ass baggers. I kinda knew the direction I wanted to go but now have way to many ideas. Thanks guys. But the plan is this. Black and Chrome. Black front end. Raked w/trees. 23 w/new fender. stretched bags. new rear fender. razor tour pac. exhaust. bars and other small stuff. I have made a decision on only 2 parts so far. the blacked out front end has been bought and delivered. Just a stock Harley front end Powder coated black. Pickard USA 23 trees. The rest I need help and ideas on. My plan is to have most of the stuff ordered and delivered when I get home. I cant do it all at once. Well I could but the wife would kill me. So my plan is buy this stuff first because it will have a greater impression: Wheels, front fender, bars, exhaust. I wanted a side exhaust but now think duals are needed on the rear to break up the fender and bags and give it some contract. Since the bike will be black and have a black front end Im thinking about chrome wheels. Also thinking about getting a yaffe solid rear to save some $$. Its only $800 and I wont change the rotors or pulley since they will be hidden by the stretched bags eventually. But the front will be one from Pickard. I am picking Pickard parts because they are 1hr away from me and it will save a lot on shipping and can see the parts in person. All other parts I am going to use vendors on here when possible. So back to what I need help on. Bags: I like TrueKustoms and the price is great with them painted. I also like there rear fender with custom lights. I have no idea on exhaust now. Slip ons for now and new header pipes later. Bonce some ideas and product that yall have found off of me. I worked at a metal fabrication/ laser shop in high school and still have connections. So Im going to try and design some one off parts. My first will be a tour pac mount that hugs the fender. $300 for a rack is crazy. As soon as I decide and buy I will update. Hopefully I will have most of it ordered so I can do what I have in 1 weekend and wait till the wife says ok to more parts. lol So help me out if you can and pics help.

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
Im in a similar situation, Im out here in Afghan too and so far I have like 7 grand of parts in my garage. Im going on R&R in a few days so I get to mock up some parts and send them to paint. But one thing I would suggest is saving $800 on a rear rim, you can stay stock if your putting extended bags on. Im going with a 26" up front but the rear will be a factory chrome mag wheel.

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
Sounds like you know what you want, I agree with Hawgg Swag, why not use the $800 towards the bags, or if your worried about the rim of the wheels showing, you could always have wheel chromed, but that would kind of mess up my next question....have you thought about contrast wheels with the black look? Well I know whatever you do, it's going to be nice, keep doing the research, thanks for your service and be safe.

wtf6316

I was thinking about just powder coating the rear wheel gloss black and doing a 23 gloss black wheel or even the rc components zenith wheel. I was thinking that might be to much black. I like some contrast. Also thinking about keeping the stock bags. Every one is doing stretched bags now. So now I would be different. HA

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Thats how I do my own. Black powder on rear wheel and pulley. Can't really see it and the ft. wheel is contrast cut with the rim black. Just kinda fades away back there.

808Bagger

I bet you both are so ready to come home and get started on the bikes, I hope the first thing you say is "honey I miss you!" and not "honey! Did my parts come in?" hahaha! Get home safely guys....

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Oh yea, thanks for your service so others on here can do our thing. Much respect!!!!!

wtf6316

Lucky I wont slip up. Parts have tracking numbers so I know they got there. HA Aslo thinking about the new Candy Orange thats available for the Road Glide this year and black everything out.

HofmannDesigns

One of THE 150!
congrats on the new bike order! be careful what you order, there are rumors of different changes happening that may affect some of the parts you may order. also, are you positive on the delivery date? we have heard from numerous dealers in the area that harley is pushing the release date back until some time after sturgis this year... just a heads up! thanks for serving over seas and be safe!!

wtf6316

It is confirmed that my bike will be built in the first production cycle. I have seen the email telling military sales that the soonest bikes will be delivered and be available for sale at dealers is Aug 21st. The dealers meeting is about the same time. Certain options wont be known till then like anniversary colors. But Military sales has been told they will know sooner because they have bikes on order cor customers. We shall see. I saw the color chart for 2013s before they had been released in the states when I ordered my bike. As far as parts goes I wont order any big ticket items till Im sure there are no changes to the bike.

congrats on the new bike order! be careful what you order, there are rumors of different changes happening that may affect some of the parts you may order. also, are you positive on the delivery date? we have heard from numerous dealers in the area that harley is pushing the release date back until some time after sturgis this year... just a heads up! thanks for serving over seas and be safe!!

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I bet you both are so ready to come home and get started on the bikes, I hope the first thing you say is "honey I miss you!" and not "honey! Did my parts come in?" hahaha! Get home safely guys....

Man its crazy cause I'm coming home to close on a new house and haven't seen my family in months but the one thing I keep thinking about is my bike!

wtf6316

Man its crazy cause I'm coming home to close on a new house and haven't seen my family in months but the one thing I keep thinking about is my bike!

I know right. I want to see my Family too. But its like a new baby. I have never seen or meet my bike yet. LOL My 5 year old is as excited about the bike as I am.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Lol, I can see it play out in my head...

11:47 AM, plane lands....
12:05 PM, hugging the wife for an hour and drive home...
2:05 PM, spend the next 8 hours in the garage!!!

As for the pipe, I LOVE my Dragos Dragula and the ghost pipe keeps the back end looking right.

I say keep the wheels chrome on the black bike, but if you get an orange one Black or Contrast Cut wheels would be Hot!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

wtf6316

Mine would have a small detour to pick the bike up. Then several hours later I would be seen again. To disappear into the garage. HA
I think I will change the order tomorrow. The more I think about it the more I want the Candy Orange and then black it out. Great contrast. Maybe even black fat spokes.

So yardsale has offered to send me his sidecovers for the FBI Drop Seat Kit. Awesome score. Now to buy the rest of the kit.
I just listened to the Dragos. I liked them. Then saw the price and the offer for a Military/Police discount. Done deal.
This site is great

Last edited:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Mine would have a small detour to pick the bike up. Then several hours later I would be seen again. To disappear into the garage. HA
I think I will change the order tomorrow. The more I think about it the more I want the Candy Orange and then black it out. Great contrast. Maybe even black fat spokes.

So yardsale has offered to send me his sidecovers for the FBI Drop Seat Kit. Awesome score. Now to buy the rest of the kit.
I just listened to the Dragos. I liked them. Then saw the price and the offer for a Military/Police discount. Done deal.
This site is great

You won't regret the Dragos Dragula... It's quiteish when you want it to be, but crack it open and you'll wake the dead!

wtf6316

I need to know what venders on here sell these parts. And chime in or pm me a price.
Fat Baggers or bikers choice- drop seat frame and 2 up XL touring seat. fender extension for stock fender unpainted. dash
wild one bars - 10inch outlawz black
sinister hot rod bars- I know Slick customs does
fat spoke wheels in all brands that make them 23x? and 16x5.5

wtf6316

Ordered:
Wild One Outlawz 10"
NastyBaggers link
Some powdercoated black engine parts

Looks like I will be giving Nautical some buisness. Great price on Wheels and drop seat kit. I think I will be doing a 26 now with just tricky trees. Snub nose look. Thanks for the info Suave. The new Ride Wright 26 fat spoke in all black is a few months out per Nautical. So Ill have to wait about a month after I get home for that and a matching rear. Still need to decide on the front fender.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
FatKatz or Glenndyne on the fender.
Glad to see you coming to the dark side!