2013 FLHX/w ABS - single disc conversion

Sauraus

First post, intro to follow shortly.

I've read through a couple of post on the forum of people going doing a single disc setup on the front of a pre-14 Street Glide and other dual disc OEM setups, but none of the threads give a clear answer to my question, which is will I retain ABS functionality?

I plan on running a 23" with a 13" disc with either a single 6 piston caliper or the new Arlen Ness dual caliper setup.

However my challenge is that both my local dealership as well as Arlen Ness phone tech told me, that I will loose ABS on my 2013 FLHX because the ABS module will go into 'safe-mode' because the removal of the right caliper will cause the ABS module to not receive a 2nd pulse when activated.

I cannot be the first person with ABS on their bike wanting to retain it, or?

Q Hog

Site Supporter
He's right. I run a 30 with a single caliper on my 12RG and still my ABS is working properly with no errors so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sauraus

What did you guys do with the right hand side port of the brake line splitter under the tree?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ANTMAN

Site Supporter
You buy a single brake line from caliper to abs module. Do away with the original brake line.

Q Hog

Site Supporter
If you plan on using a custom line (Russell universal line), Just buy a longer one then needed. install it from the abs box route it to the caliper. Mark for the correct length and check for turning clearance to the caliper. Then just cut the excess off from the caliber and install. GL

Q Hog

Site Supporter
You can but use something to measure your desired length and order it to your measurements and select the proper banjo and caliper fittings.

Uncleford

Site Supporter
How are you guys running your single brake line from the caliper to the abs box? Do you run it up to the bottom of the triple tree (attaching it somehow) then back to the abs or run along the top of the crash bar then under the tank to the abs box? If someone happens to have a pic that would be great. Thanks

Q Hog

Site Supporter
I routed mine in the same location as the stock line but the end of it went through the tree and down to the caliper.

Sauraus

I was thinking of getting the swivel connector used on single disc bikes from H-D like a Softtail instead that mounts under the triple tree and keep the brake line setup pretty much stock in that way, anyone done that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts