2012 RK....Need help with cable and wire size for 16"

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

2012RK

Hello gents. I've read on here a lot but dont post often, newbie to the bagger world. I'm going with the 16" HHI reaper bars for the bike and was wondering what size the cables and wires need to be? I've read a TON of threads on this and have seen varied replies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fire-Medic

When I did 17"carlini evil apes on my old road king there was enough slack in the control box wiring to fit, we just swapped the regular tbw sensor plug that goes in the bars for the CVO setup which does not. As for the clutch and brake, I don't remember the measurements but I just measured what I needed with weed eater line then measured that and went to the local fun store and bought what I needed.

In my opinion measuring yourself is the best way to do it, because you might not want your cables routed the same way as someone else etc, so going by what someone else did is not always the best way.

FM

2012RK

Baddd bagger, if you don't mind me asking, did you have a lot of slack after you were done? Which way did you route the lines?