2010 vn2000

rocnrol

At 125ci, it's hard not to want to build a custom from one of these beasts. There's a lot I loved about the bike the way it was stock,

But some seat time brought out the bad... namely the bars, so on went some wide glide bars

Road it like this for quite awhile, but my next beef were the bags... calling them tiny would be doing them justice. So I sourced some road king police bags

Along the way I made up a few other tidbits, passing lights and an air cleaner

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

rocnrol

At this point the bike was pretty much how I wanted it for laying down the miles, but I felt that the whole "look" needed to be put together. So I got a 17" FLH front and fender, some 16" apes, and went to town. I internally wired the bars, had a custom paint job done, and put it all together

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/5c627e5314d47a6e6d9830d8bfabb9b2.jpg

Sent from my STH100-1 using
Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
Looks sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocnrol

Agree. Looks good. What's next?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thanks! I've been thinking about lowering the rear a bit. Probably going to put the next size down rear tire on when it's time to get a white wall on the back too. I have a power port for harley bags to add and wire in.

I also need to get some kind of cruise control back on it, I miss having that.... Been looking at the different options for that. I was using a basic friction lock style before, had no issues with it.

I always keep saying this as a winter project too, but I need to get the brackets chromed that I made for the passing lights.

DanHappy

That would be cool. Compared to a road king, what is the weight comparision?

rocnrol

Heavy.... Lol. It's in the 900lb range. But it rides so nice, especially for being a soft tail. Going from a 150 to 130 front tire made an incredible difference in the handling. Makes me wish I would have done it sooner, lol

DanHappy

So the weight is about the same. For some reason I was thinking it would be heavier....

DanHappy

A skinnier tire made it better? Hmmm who would have thunk...
Lol

rocnrol

A skinnier tire made it better? Hmmm who would have thunk...
Lol

Yup. I think it gets all science like around the "circle" of the tire, if that makes sense

Latest posts