2009 Cheap Streetglide

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

If someone runs across a cheap 2009 SG, Please PM me I have cash in hand. Can have some damage/scratches to bags tank etc, looking for a platform to start bagger build. Can't have salavage title. No good for Florida!

BigChief

Good luck bro!
Thanks

How cheap is cheap? You probally won't find many 09's under 15k
I was hoping for maybe a bare bone 2009 in less than perfect shape can have some miles on it for between 12k to 14K cash. Especially considering I'll be ripping the gas tank, bags and neck for modification..

My Dad's selling an 06 with a 103". Probably get it for $12,000, maybe less.

Thats not a bad deal I guess, but I think I will stick with the 09 frame,
Zach

Nice, but I can get one like that here for around the same price without having to drive to Iowa, but thanks for taking the time to post. I really appreciate that.

BigChief

Does it have to be an '09? There's an '08 listed in Charlotte NC Craigslist for $13999 with under 4000 miles.
Yes, from what I understand and all the question I have asked, I've been advised that the best year to start from is the 09, because its the wider frame or just a better bike I guess. I have seen tons of 07 and 08 very cheap thus far. But that is a great price for the 08, if that was an 09, I'd buy it this weekend, especially since I am headed to North Carolina to watch the Saints play the Panthers, that would have been perfect...

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Depending on your budget I wouldn't hesitate to get an 04-08 as there are serious deals to be had.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bigmoneycloser

Site Supporter
Can someone give me the run down on the best year SG or RG to buy for a full custom project?
I thought 09 was the best, because of bigger back wheel and engine plus new frame. (also, parts seem easier for 09+)But I will be looking for the best bang for the buck.
What are the pros and cons of a great deal on an earlier low mileage Glide?

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I have an 08 Ultra classic and a 07 Street Glide both with front end damage and salvage titles I MAY be parting with. Frames are in good shape just tubes, legs, and the other norm from FE collision. Ideal way to go if your gunna CHOP it.lol

My opinion is how the hell did Harley sell sooooo many damn bikes from who knows when till 08 if something is wrong with them?

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
What was wrong?

nothing. everybody says the new bikes are sooo much better. I dont know because I haven't ridden one but harley sure sold a bunch of them 98-08 FLH's. I'm sure back then they said they were the best bikes ever. The 07 up has 6 speed and 96 which is a bonus.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
09 up have removable subframe. U cant put a drop seat on 08 and down, tbw so its easier to run internal handlebars and not have throttle cables, wider rear tire, better saddlebag supports, no bagger wobble on the 09 up frames, better brakes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
09 up have removable subframe. U cant put a drop seat on 08 and down, tbw so its easier to run internal handlebars and not have throttle cables, wider rear tire, better saddlebag supports, no bagger wobble on the 09 up frames, better brakes

what is bagger wobble? whats benefit of removable subframe. I see if you wanted drop seat. You have point on internal wires but no benefit of wider tire. better brakes are only needed for people that probably shouldn't even be riding. ABS is just dummying down peoples required ability to ride safely. JMO

Dont get me wrong. I hope maybe one day I'll be able to graduate up to a late model bike like you guys have but what I don't know, I dont know AND I cant see taking a perfectly good bike and cutting the neck when you can buy a salvage. Again JMO

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
From 01 to 08 baggers got a swirl at times st higher speeds that's why the sell all those bagger braces and etc. The new frame has a stronger rear section and diff eng mounts that correct it. I have had tons of older and newer and work on both. The 09 up is way better. U can put a 200/50 17 rear tire on a 09 and it looks awesome.

Latest posts