2007 Street Glide

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bluegoose

I have a 2007 SG and am looking to purchase some 12-14"apes for it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

crutter

Site Supporter
It's all in the look that you are going for and your height. How tall are you? I'm 5'11" and my monkey bars are perfect. Look around here. Go to local bike nights. Do be afraid to ask if you can "try the bars on". And welcome

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Welcome, I did the santees and super glad I did they came with pull wire in it to get the wires ran and very happy with the look and height and there very comfortable and great on the wallet :cheers2:

bradwulf20

trask performance bro bars. they are a little pricey, but they are top notch quality and they wont flex like alot of the other aftermarket bars.

Jeremy1976

I have the Yaffe Monkey Bars in 12" and love them! Not easy to put on but the look is stellar to say the least in my opinion. The 10" would be in the way of the mirrors the 12"s are perfect, hands just above fairing. If you go apes you may as well go bigger. Just remember every manufacturer is different as far as height. My buddy has the LA Chopper apes and they are 14"s and are comparable to the 10" Yaffe bars. Measurements are different depending on how the manufact. measures them and bends and such.

bike2.jpgbike3.jpgbike4.jpgbike5.jpg

Jeremy1976

Here is another so you can get an idea of how my arms/hands sit. The day I picked it up... Much different now. LOL Hands sit just a hair above parallel with my shoulders. I am 5'10".
SG leaving stocks.jpg

Bluegoose

thanks for the info... I am 6 ft tall and have sat on some bike that have had both 13" and 14"s on them and they have felt great. I saw the LA Choppers and Paul Yaffe's and was wondering what other have and what they thought of thiers.