2007 EG Standard mild build

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Bought the bike March 2011 as a pretty much stock bike other than a badlander seat, skull fender skirt, short clear windshield.
So the night before I went and bought the bike my wife and I were laying in bed and I told her I was going to go buy a bike and she said "what? no your not!" I said "no, I'm serious I found one I want." she didn't really believe me and she just wrote my comment off and went to sleep. Well why she was at work the next day I went and looked at it and couldn't pass up the deal so I left my truck there and rode it to show my family and eventually home. Well when I got home she came outside and said, as you can tell by the look on her face lol "you didn't really buy this did you?" and I said "hell yea I did!" lol. She was actually pretty cool about it even though she doesnt really even care to ride.

After that I started with the cheap stuff like smoked lenses, windshield and a worth while investment in a Corbin. Then I took off on it to Kansas to get drunk with some old Air Force buddies:17:

Then I realized I hated riding sportbikes on the street and wasn't going to fund trackdays with the Harley needing parts so I sold off the 03 600RR

Then some real sound was needed. Thundermax, K/N Intake, and custom baffles made for the stock slip ons

Then I decided the faded fairing looked like shit so I did some painting! Also added some noise in the fairing.

Last edited:

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Then I finally got rid of the stock bars for some Santee 11's. Way more comfortable than the stockers and feel way more badass.

The bars were pretty much it for last riding season. The over the winter I started reading all of the home made air ride threads and couldn't stop myself from trying it. Still riding on it now and loving it. I went with 1/4" lines so it dumps a little faster..:5 (2):

Also painted the front wheel silver to clean up the front of the bike some

Also tried a painted windshield for a while. It ok but too tall to be painted IMO.

Slapped some Andrews 54H's in it and rode it up until April then everything with the bike slowed down considerably.

Last edited:

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Got some nice pics of it while the grass was still green in Indiana

Then I finally found a good deal on a solo seat and got some cool pics at one of the shops at work

She wouldn't stop bugging me about going riding so I finally gave in...

Last edited:

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
And here's where we are today after some DNA Mammoth Spokes, white walls, and rotors from KC INT. oh and exhaust off of a 2012 SG still with my home made slip ons

Only thing left on the white board to be done soon is fishtails, SG fork springs or air, and possibly chrome forks depending if I want to tear it apart or not.

Last edited:

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Thanks guys, figured I'd go ahead and make a build thread since it actually looks custom now lol..

crutter

Site Supporter
Looks good. If you have it apart far enough to put springs in it go ahead and do the chrome lowers. Not much more work and it makes all of the difference in the world.

Bagged64

that is a very good question... I like the look of some long ass fish tails but not sure I want to listen or spend the money on them and baffles... I'm almost sold on these but scared to do it because I don't want to go super quiet by any means...
http://www.kcint2.com/product/90-MU...ET-FOR-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-TOURING-1995-2008.html

Well the longer you get the further from your ears they will be. I think those are too short. I just got some 39" longtails with no baffles and they really aren't as loud as I thought they would be. Everything is pretty much 2 1/4" and the real loud ones were 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 I believe.

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
I was going to say the same.thing its not a build thread but I enjoyed it lol

Oh come on lol.. its a bolt on build! I just didn't take too many pics of the actual work lol.

get a 26" fat spoke! I can only imagine how much one of them would weigh lol... just this 21 weighed a freaking ton!

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Well the longer you get the further from your ears they will be. I think those are too short. I just got some 39" longtails with no baffles and they really aren't as loud as I thought they would be. Everything is pretty much 2 1/4" and the real loud ones were 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 I believe.

I really like the long tails.. guess I better start saving up some more cash... better get enrolled for next semester so I can bank some more GI Bill money...

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
added to the first picture**

So the night before I went and bought the bike my wife and I were laying in bed and I told her I was going to go buy a bike and she said "what? no your not!" I said "no, I'm serious I found one I want." she didn't really believe me and she just wrote my comment off and went to sleep. Well why she was at work the next day I went and looked at it and couldn't pass up the deal so I left my truck there and rode it to show my family and eventually home. Well when I got home she came outside and said "you didn't really buy this did you?" and I said "hell yea I did!" lol. She was actually pretty cool about it even though she doesnt really even care to ride.

Yank

Flht

Loved how you started with a standard! that's what i have. cost me 15 k brand new.
by the way these are the same two bikes before and after. IM000766.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts